The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

This should be the best tactic as an insurance although I read there is a limitation period of 6 years in English law unfortunately so I doubt it’s possible. 

Yet what about EFL rules - that’s a different reality it seems

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep disgusting, had a builder many years ago pull that stroke with me and a lot of subbies on some jobs , was a scam , he had loads of money , big house, flash cars , he told me it was a limited company tough , I told him he agreed the price personally with me and job was spot on,

was much younger then and after a few wrangles he paid me, it could have gone badly but principle s is principal s ?‍♂️,

I know the carpenter was done for 30 k and went bust poor sod

Similar to an old buddy of mine, A brickie and a good one, Had 4 guys working for him, He subbed his lads out to them, A deposit was paid up front the rest when job was completed, Company goes bust and he's lost out to the tune of £35k in wages he paid, The original company he worked for turned out to be a bunch of nutters who would scalp their Gran then sell her for scrap, He went round to get payment, He was told in uncertain terms...sod off or else, Take this as part of your learning the building trade.

Took him a few years to get back on his feet.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

He also said Erik Alonso had money

He did. it just wasn't his. We never got to the bottom of who's it was, beyond establishing is wasn't the person who he said it was.

Was a very weird episode and I genuinely don't think anything good was going to come from it. The hold up on approving him was he couldn't move the funds he said he had into a UK bank account at the request of the EFL (because the EFL didn't believe the money was his either)

The tiktock house was just the icing on the cake. 

Shady chancer as Alonso was, the people behind him were almost certainly not legitimate and that's the real concern.

But, Mel was happy to hand us over and when it didn't work out us in administration.

28 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Lets be honest.  That's not why he did this and how many individuals avoid tax by living abroad or calling themselves a brand. It's not ideal but having Derby County existing does more for the treasury long term than a celebrity paying tax abroad and coming back to the UK   for 90 days.

What other people, clubs or companies are doing is irrelevant.

So could I ring the Treasury and say I'll pay 25% of my tax bill this year but not to worry because I'll pay 100% going forward? Think I can guess what the response would be.

The longer this goes on the better the outcome. The EFL don’t have the balls to kick us out especially after the events of the past days. The longer it goes on the worse the EFL look and boro and Wycombe are more of the bad guys who will be known of trying to liquidate a club who founded the leagues they play in and the EFL will be known for letting this happen. In parliament it was stated many times by people not even connected to Derby that the EFL aren’t fit or proper. They’re done. 

9 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

they were my first thoughts too - the only reason I'm about 3% more hopeful about this is that he knows Andrew Hoskings quite well from previous dealings...

I listened to it. I think he knows something. He knows Hosking so likely his source. And people can bring up the Alonso thing to discredit him, it has long since been established since that his source at that time was Mel, who let’s face it fooled us all.