The Administration Thread

Boycie

25 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

And that, in a nutshell, is what an adversarial legal battle is all about!

So can someone explain why The Efl should be in adversarial legal battle with an appointed solvency practitioner that is trying to get the best deal for all creditors of the club?

shouldnt Efl just mind it’s own business? Which incidentally it also is not doing very well if Daily Mail story today is correct.

I certainly agree with the poster who said Gibson's beef is at least party with the EFL.

His point of view is that the EFL didn't enforce against Derby when they should have, so they're as culpable as Derby for his wasted parachute payments and the poor performance of Tony pulis.

One of the things that irks me about the moralising from Boro and Wycombe is, has we finished 5th in 2019 or 20th in 2021, neither would be making any kind of stance on this.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well then there is your answer. They are following 'their own' insolvency rules. Those rules don't comply with current law.

That's my point. The replies look like arse covering. They are applying their rules. 

You just can't have outdated rules that allegedly break the law. It's a shambles. We really should have Jagielka and Shinnie still at the club. 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

One of the things that irks me about the moralising from Boro and Wycombe is, has we finished 5th in 2019 or 20th in 2021, neither would be making any kind of stance on this.

Wycombe's is almost worse for me.  Even if you put aside the issue that there was no possible chance of us being given a points deduction last season (deadline for revised accounts submission was after the start of the season, then there's the whole process after that still to happen etc), they're arguing that points deductions for us should be applied immediately, but the Sheff Weds one should still be applied the following season, otherwise Sheff Weds stay up instead.  They're literally demanding that EFL sanctions of other clubs be applied in the seasons that personally benefits them the most.

12 minutes ago, HectorsHouse said:

… ahh but they have previous with this. Remember the amortisation issue… we allegedly used an acceptable legal accounting model, but not a model that they agreed with even though they didn’t specify what an acceptable model should be…

I remember it well - difference here is things have escalated and the fact their rules are, in effect AGAINST the law is the issue.  It's like me being pulled over for jumping a red light and telling the friendly officer that, "ah yes, you say I broke the law but my policy is that if I can see the road's clear and there's no-one coming I can drive through".  Same if they changed the speed limit on a road from 40 to 30  yet I still did 40 but got caught for speeding.  "Sorry officer, I haven't got used to driving at 30 here as it was always 40" Stupid examples maybe but same principle.  Would the policeman accept my responses - of course he wouldn't. I've broken the law. Ignorance of the law is no defence. 

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Wycombe's is almost worse for me.  Even if you put aside the issue that there was no possible chance of us being given a points deduction last season (deadline for revised accounts submission was after the start of the season, then there's the whole process after that still to happen etc), they're arguing that points deductions for us should be applied immediately, but the Sheff Weds one should still be applied the following season, otherwise Sheff Weds stay up instead.  They're literally demanding that EFL sanctions of other clubs be applied in the seasons that personally benefits them the most.

and far worse than that - they're claiming against us when their claim (if they have one) should be against the EFL (and possibly Boro who delayed the whole process).....

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I remember it well - difference here is things have escalated and the fact their rules are, in effect AGAINST the law is the issue.  It's like me being pulled over for jumping a red light and telling the friendly officer that, "ah yes, you say I broke the law but my policy is that if I can see the road's clear and there's no-one coming I can drive through".  Same if they changed the speed limit on a road from 40 to 30  yet I still did 40 but got caught for speeding.  "Sorry officer, I haven't got used to driving at 30 here as it was always 40" Stupid examples maybe but same principle.  Would the policeman accept my responses - of course he wouldn't. I've broken the law. Ignorance of the law is no defence. 

Tried that one, ended up on an awareness course ??‍♂️?

Would be funny if Quantuma are found to be vindicated, but Derby get relegated by a point or so (this bit not so funny, bear with me). Derby then sue the EFL for not allowing Jagielka to re-sign and being forced into selling Shinnie and others, these being the difference between relegation and survival.

The worst reply from Rick Parry was one of the early ones where he said that maybe other people should focus on the matters at hand than seeking ways to cover up their past mistakes and blame other people. (I can't remember the exact phrasing).

You mean the way your organisation has spent the best part of 2 and a half years doing everything in their power to hinder Derby County, while seeking to bury YOUR mistake of waving through our amortisation policy a few years ago, letting us believe that we were OK to carry on using it and therefore being complicit in at least some of our overspend?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Would be funny if Quantuma are found to be vindicated, but Derby get relegated by a point or so (this bit not so funny, bear with me). Derby then sue the EFL for not allowing Jagielka to re-sign and being forced into selling Shinnie and others, these being the difference between relegation and survival.

I think if the EFL rules are proven to be contrary to current statute then it’s a big problem for them. Firstly because their rules are now actively impeding a legal process, but secondly because it’s opening them up to all sorts of legal challenge re lost transfer activity and the later effects of that. At the moment they’re lucky we won on Saturday, but as soon as we lose it’ll be because they wrongly forced us to sell Shinnie and not be able to re-sign Jagielka.

Good luck EFL.

Does anyone remember promotions on cereal boxes always used to say "this offer does not affect your statutory rights" and when I was little I always wondered what that meant and how a free toy in the box was going to land me in the middle of a £45m compensation claim from a man who may have issues with unfortunate hair.

Last night I was mulling over what might be a reasonable comparison to this situation. It seems to me that this has parallels with what historically happened in a certain country in southern Europe. A Sicilian/Italian Gentlemen turns up at your business premises one day and informs you that on some baffling and spurious grounds that your business owes him some money... say for 'Fire Insurance'. When you say that there is no such money owed he gives you a wry smile and observes how flammable your premises look and he then lights up a big fat cigar with a match and flicks the match into your bin where you hurriedly stamp it out. They then take your response back to the head of the family/gang who then threaten terminal consequences for your business if you don't pay up by a certain date.

Just now, 24Charlie said:

I’m probably being a bit thick.

Did the EFL use out of date rules to stop us on Thursday?

It certainly seems like the admins rocked up with what they thought was a viable exit-plan, expecting to just get it rubber-stamped, and the EFL said no.  Whether it's down to out-of-date rules is still a bit unclear IMO.