Back behind closed doors

VulcanRam

People at Pride Park are busy now preparing for going back to playing behind closed doors. They are expecting it to happen.

The Welsh Government has announced today that all games from Boxing Day onwards will be played without crowds. 

Will we get to see West Brom before any shutdown? How long can this go on for this time? 

Sigh.

28 minutes ago, Amberram said:

The Cardiff game was off anyway and Swansea  are playing in England.

Has that made the decision easier?

There are a couple of big rugby games planned for Boxing Day, which will now be played behind closed doors. Politically that would probably have been a tougher decision than the football I suspect. 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

People at Pride Park are busy now preparing for going back to playing behind closed doors. They are expecting it to happen.

The Welsh Government has announced today that all games from Boxing Day onwards will be played without crowds. 

Will we get to see West Brom before any shutdown? How long can this go on for this time? 

Sigh.

Never a problem for Santa he always uses a chimney, I have just asked for a quote on getting one erected at PP so we can all go. A sort of great escape in reverse lol

Sigh.

With a sense of tedious crushing inevitability the Corona continues to be a total pain in the arse.

Please get vaccinated and boosted, wear a mask and wash your hands. The quicker we get it under control again the quicker we come out of restrictions.

It does seem that Omicron is super infectious, even if they are not sure yet if it's milder than delta or not.

For once I’m a little ITK about this one! Typical that’s it’s this and not exciting football news! 
As it stands, the govt is planning on 2 week circuit breaker lockdown from 28th Dec. 

They are coming under pressure to bring this date forward and any significant leap in the data will alter it being the 28th. 
But as of this weekend, and confirmed yesterday, the govt is planning based on 28th. 

God, I hope so. My brother and I are planning to take his lad to his first Derby game against W Brom. They aren’t local so I really do hope he can have his Black and White Army experience this time and they’re able to come up. UTR.

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd be surprised if this happens before the new year for England tbh. I'd also say it's premature given we don't yet know the data on likely hospitalisations only infection rates. 

That's the crucial data - of 7500 people in hospital in the UK with a Covid diagnosis, 129 had the Omicron mutation as of December 18th.

If (big if) the Omicron hospitalisation figure stays low or stays within levels that the NHS can handle (as it has in South Africa) and deaths (currently 14 with Omicron) also stay low, then we don't have to do anything dramatic.  The numbers infected will inevitably rise but it doesn't necessarily follow that hospitalisation numbers rise too.