Back behind closed doors

VulcanRam

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Unfortunately we always have to cater for the lowest common denominator. I’m triple jabbed. I’d love to be able to flout my immunity around, snogging strangers. But unfortunately, if we go into lock down, we all have to go into lock down. 

This is what pisses me off. I’ve done the right thing to ensure I can go on living a normal, lockdown free life. But too many people have decided that can’t be arsed, so now the fact that I’ve had the vaccine makes no difference to whether or not we can get out of this situation quicker. 

Makes me wonder why I bothered, which makes me realise why other people didn’t bother in the first place, and why they’re probably being all smug now, and makes more people not bothered, and the cycle goes round and round.

We are never going to get out of this at this rate. Everyone hates it, but not enough people can be arsed to actually do anything about it. 

Maybe we should accept the vaccine doesn't work and use common sense instead. People in the 16th century knew not to get too close to those who were coughing and sneezing.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's onto the clubs to arrange. I would guess a lottery for games where tickets are already sold then a ballot for tickets for future games. Refunds for everyone who doesn't get to go.

There's going to be a lot of grumbling.

No keep as flaming it is let every one go

30 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Maybe we should accept the vaccine doesn't work and use common sense instead. People in the 16th century knew not to get too close to those who were coughing and sneezing.

I'm not sure about that . I think they wore massive beaks stuffed with herbs and perfume and assumed that would do the trick.  They also carried sticks to hit people with if they got too close.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure about that . I think they wore massive beaks stuffed with herbs and perfume and assumed that would do the trick.  They also carried sticks to hit people with if they got too close.

I think find vaccines do work and so do the boosters if people just get them done maybe just maybe cov19 will go away.

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think find vaccines do work and so do the boosters if people just get them done maybe just maybe cov19 will go away.

Yes they do.  Not said otherwise mate.  Not quite as reliably protection wise as before though, so hopefully there working on that. I did think they should offer boosters to anyone who wanted one back in September mind, then we wouldn't be having this mass panic to jab people as quickly as possible to try and limit impending doom after Christmas.  Your protection is low  for 8 days I believe if your having that booster now.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

And yet in the 16th century thousands and thousands of people died. Common sense would be to get the vaccine. I really don’t think we can rely on people having common sense to get us out of this. 

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes they do.  Not said otherwise mate.  Not quite as reliably protection wise as before though, so hopefully there working on that. I did think they should offer boosters to anyone who wanted one back in September mind, then we wouldn't be having this mass panic to jab people as quickly as possible to try and limit impending doom after Christmas.  Your protection is low  for 8 days I believe if your having that booster now.

I had mine a few weeks ago 

Due to my learning differcults and autism and my asthma so I am classed as clinical vanurable person.

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

what this generation would have been like faced with a 7 year war

They’d have done fine. Difference is this one is a manufactured ‘crisis.’

Not a bomb or bullet in sight, but I suppose there is a similarity with the amount of pro regulation and lockdown-mask-pass nazis we see around us. 

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The concerning thing is, with this spreading so fast, it has more opportunities to mutate again, then it could mutate into something that’s as contagious as omicron, but as dangerous as deadly.

The only way to stop variants evolving is to stop the opportunities for the virus to reproduce.

we’re fighting a war here. You could almost imagine, if the virus was sentient, it’s tactic now would be to take a form that we can just about find acceptable to live with. Now it would be nice to think we’d all live happily ever after and coexist with a bit of compromise on both sides. I’ll be less deadly, says Corona, if you be less hygienic and allow me to spread more. But it’s more likely that this compromise will end in tears, the virus attacking our weakness as we let our guard drop. The only way to win this war is to wipe the virus out, or as close as we can get, like we did with small pox, measles etc. and the only weapon that works in that kind of war is a vaccine for everyone. 

We’re not safe until everyone’s safe. 

Its a different virus to smallpox etc, weve not wiped flu out, i agree the only way to control it is mass vaccination, but sadly thats not going to happen.

2 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Its a different virus to smallpox etc, weve not wiped flu out, i agree the only way to control it is mass vaccination, but sadly thats not going to happen.

We’re not going to wipe it out, of course, but that’s a good word to use, we can control it a lot better with mass vaccination. 

but as long as people believe it’s all made up and the vaccines have 5g chips in them, it’s not going to happen. And we’re going to go round, and round, and round like this for the foreseeable future. 

2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

They’d have done fine. Difference is this one is a manufactured ‘crisis.’

Not a bomb or bullet in sight, but I suppose there is a similarity with the amount of pro regulation and lockdown-mask-pass nazis we see around us. 

Okay, so you’ve convinced me, it’s manufactured, and big PPE and big sandwich bag are massively profiting from it. How do you plan on getting out of this endless cycle of lockdowns and games behind closed doors? Rage against the machine and refuse to go along with the rules? Is that the answer? At the end of the day, when we’re all under lock down, and the schools are closed, and you’re working from home, and there’s no footy on, that effects us all whether you believe it’s a real problem or not, that is definitely real. So do we just wait until the next election and hope that trump or the Brazilian president runs and vote them in? They’ll get the country back open again. 

or do we go with the view of thousands of medial professionals, get vaccinated, get the virus under control, and once the dust has settled and we’re all back to living a normal life, then we can start investigating it and unpicking whether or not coronavirus was released from a lab in China by the illuminati. And you can say I told you so as much as you want. I won’t really care at that point, I just want my kids to have a nice holiday before they grow too old. At this rate they’ll be 20 before we get to take them to Disneyland.