Luke Plange

RoyMac5

Plange makes PL standard runs in a below average Championship team.

Unfortunately at the moment, we only have Bielik on the same level, and he's only just returning to the same standard.

Give it a few more weeks, and I expect between them we'll see enough goals to see us right.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Stretton needs to get some game time too, he’s our future at the moment, but he needs to up his game in the U23’s.

With the situation we're in, I wouldn't be worrying about all that. Just play our best players and hope for the best.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure he is our future to be honest. If/when a takeover goes through and we are freed up to do proper business then I suspect he drops way back down the pecking order in pretty quick time.

At the moment was the key bit in my post, Plange isn’t our player.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He wouldn't have a starting place for me if there was an option. There isn't for Rooney.

Did a bit better yesterday but c'mon it was P'boro. He's a youngster learning his trade, but I wasn't convinced. Maybe in 3 years time.

I can't see any way he will be in the Palace first team next season so would assume he will be out on loan.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not convinced he's currently a better goal scorer than Stretton, but Wayne is so that's how it goes until Colin is fit.

I agree with you Stretton is the more natural finisher a old fashioned forward who comes alive in the box. 

Plange though is better leading the line in our system of one up front and is learning quickly in his hold up play and running the channels. He needs a goal now just to boost him to another level. 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not convinced he's currently a better goal scorer than Stretton, but Wayne is so that's how it goes until Colin is fit.

Better goal scorer maybe he is, maybe he isn't but I'd say on evidence from the games I've seen of both which isn't any youth games then yes he is. 

As an all round player I'd say Plange definitely looks better, got a better touch and is quite a creative player too so could play outwide as well as upfront so for me he's the right choice upfront. 

Kazim to come in to play next to him would be my choice away from home with Lawrence in behind in a counter attacking 5212 with Knight and Bielik in the middle and no Bird for those games. 

On another note I think Bird is bit always the right option for me depending on the game as his skillset isn't that wide imo. 

• 3 weeks later...

Since signing for Crystal Palace, for some reason it hasn't worked as well. 

Someone on here astutely wrote that maybe centre forward isn't actually his best position. It might turn out to be the case. I think he's wonderful at holding the ball up but lacks some confidence in front of goal. 

If you watch Ravel Morrison's wonder goal against Barnsley. When it goes through Ravel's legs, the dummy to Plange, no way would any confident centre forward pass that back to Ravel. He would deal with it himself and score. Still, it worked out well. 

He's 19. The fact that we're having to rely on him as our main striker and can't give him time out of the starting line up to take a bit of pressure off him is the perfect illustration of what the EFL stranglehold has done to us.

As an aside, the impact on the mental health of some of the younger players must be a concern, yet where are the PFA in this? Too busy counting their cash balance and finding an alternative source of caviar? Shouldn't they be a bit more vocal and engaged with our situation? 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He's 19. The fact that we're having to rely on him as our main striker and can't give him time out of the starting line up to take a bit of pressure off him is the perfect illustration of what the EFL stranglehold has done to us.

As an aside, the impact on the mental health of some of the younger players must be a concern, yet where are the PFA in this? Too busy counting their cash balance and finding an alternative source of caviar? Shouldn't they be a bit more vocal and engaged with our situation? 

Just because they are not vocal doesn't mean they are not engaged.

The mental health of players is nobody's business.