Luke Plange

RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Plange’s contract was up in the summer as well wasn’t it? Personally I would have kept him (if we were desperate for cash then we’d have taken the Millwall and Bournemouth offers for Sibley and Lawrence), but if he was going, then under the circumstances we’ve probably done as well as we could have.

If only the EFL weren’t front-bottoms and we’d have been able to extend his contract…

Were we only able to give him one year? I can’t remember 

Loving the “if we were desperate for money .......”

Gallows humour at its best!

Edited by Gritstone Tup

3 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

But we now don’t have the £5million for this season or our best player imo for next. If we’d stated a price for Lawrence we probably would have got to our target imo

No team on earth would pay us £4-5m for Lawrence in our position.

Plange wouldn't be here next season regardless.

Your thought process seemingly contains no logic.

7 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Correct!

This sale is a killer for me, we should have been selling Lawrence who’s out of the door in the summer. Now we’ve let a greater younger striker go for peanuts. Can someone tell me why this is a good deal exactly?

Plange is also out the door this summer, yet we’ve pocketed £1 million and get to keep him for the rest of the season.

On 02/02/2022 at 19:59, Coconut's Beard said:

No team on earth would pay us £4-5m for Lawrence in our position.

Plange wouldn't be here next season regardless.

Your thought process seemingly contains no logic.

The logic is we never put a price on anyone’s head therefore clubs have up trying to but players we refused to sell at any price. When some crap bid of £1million came in for Lawrence, our reply should have been no chance but £4million buys him. I’m sure quite a few clubs would have taken an interest.

On 03/02/2022 at 19:45, Gritstone Tup said:

The logic is we never put a price on anyone’s head therefore clubs have up trying to but players we refused to sell at any price. When some crap bid of £1million came in for Lawrence, our reply should have been no chance but £4million buys him. I’m sure quite a few clubs would have taken an interest.

I would rather our best player stays for the season and tries to keep us up.

9 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Thought Luke worked very hard last night , glad we have him till the end of the season,

It’s not often that you see the whole team - experienced players and not - stop and applaud a player coming off. Well they did last night when Luke was substituted. Indicative of the shift he put in as loan striker I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2022 at 21:16, RoyMac5 said:

Blimey there's some overkill going on. He was alright, but until the last 10 minutes and that nutmeg that's all he was.

Would have preferred to see Stretton given some game time.

I thought I was an outlier with this one, but at least somebody agrees.

As a lone (not loan) striker he gets the ball launched to him at times and he rarely wins anything, he's very much nuisance level.  Its not his style obviously, but it's noticeable how much better CKR is at hold up play, getting free kicks, backing defenders into the corners and generally battering the opposition and getting under their skin.

Plange has so far shown lovely flashes of skill, a few nice touches and link up play....and scored a couple of great goals, so I'm not saying I don't rate him. Will be very interesting to see how he develops.  He is the kind of player teams like Arsenal often herald and look great but then never break through further.

I'm glad he's here,  and he could go on to be incredibly vital for us this season but I'm OK with him going ....Ebosele is a step above him as a prospect in my opinion.

Showed good feet in tight areas at times yesterday and was very unlucky with the 'nearly' goal. Doesn't look a threat behind the defence though and doesn't yet get enough change out of his marker when we have to knock it up to him.

Will be improving with every game though, and he's got goals in him if we can get him the service.

i feel Luke works his socks off every game , making intelligent runs and finding space , a lot of the time he is let down by his team mates final ball , would have loved him to stay with us and continue his development next season as he promises to be a very good player , hopefully we can get him back on loan for next season

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Stretton needs to get some game time too, he’s our future at the moment, but he needs to up his game in the U23’s.

Not sure he is our future to be honest. If/when a takeover goes through and we are freed up to do proper business then I suspect he drops way back down the pecking order in pretty quick time.