Luke Plange

RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Watson, plange and Ebosele, 3 players that be great league 1 players.

This perception that anyone who’s just not quite ready for the championship will be great league 1 players ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again…..it’s like a different game and while I think Festy would be fine and very much suited to it, Watson and Plange would be like goldfish climbing trees 

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

This perception that anyone who’s just not quite ready for the championship will be great league 1 players ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again…..it’s like a different game and while I think Festy would be fine and very much suited to it, Watson and Plange would be like goldfish climbing trees 

Why do you say that about Plange? I thought he looked able to put himself about and physically compete along with having good pace, balls skills and decent awareness.

2 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Watching a reasonable amount of League 1, I have to say that you are wide of the mark. Festy will not have so much space and will have to think about his game a little more, and Plange will flourish whether he is in the Championship or League 1.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do you say that about Plange? I thought he looked able to put himself about and physically compete along with having good pace, balls skills and decent awareness.

Because you get far more time and space in the championship as defending is tactically based not strength and effort based.

Plange is 19 and technically excellent however dealing with the ball being in the air 80% of the time even trying to win it back will be a challenge.

10 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Watching a reasonable amount of League 1, I have to say that you are wide of the mark. Festy will not have so much space and will have to think about his game a little more, and Plange will flourish whether he is in the Championship or League 1.

The opposite is true even if I agree with your description of league 1. Festy will survive just on pace alone. He has more difficulty in the championship due his limited technical ability than he’ll have in league 1 where pace and strength will see him through. I agree he’ll have to think about his game more (just in general) but that would be required more in the Champ than league 1 where tearing around running at people will produce a degree of success regardless. Personally I’m not his greatest fan as a footballer as I think at the moment he lacks football ability! But I can see why he’s effective and as such why he’s selected. Personally I still think he’s a full back. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Played out of position…..

He is played out of position to fit others in because that’s all we have which is a shame. If he will be with us next season then it’s a different conversation on where he needs to play and for me central midfield is his starting position.

Looks to be a very good prospect. A few more appearances should give him the bit of extra confidence I think he needs going on today's performance... that'll come... the talent is definitely there.

(If we're still here) we have a very good group of youngsters to fill spaces in the first team next season. Bring in a few experienced heads and I'll be optimistic that we can be competing at the right end of the table.

2 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Let’s see, huh?

Perhaps someone can say more about this? I was only half-listening to Radio Derby post-match, but my impression was that there's been some sort of meeting (presumably with the EFL) midweek where we sought permission to add Plange to the first team squad and that had been agreed. Don't know what the implications are for the overall squad size and for January.

24 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Perhaps someone can say more about this? I was only half-listening to Radio Derby post-match, but my impression was that there's been some sort of meeting (presumably with the EFL) midweek where we sought permission to add Plange to the first team squad and that had been agreed. Don't know what the implications are for the overall squad size and for January.

I wondered about this. Something must have changed for him to play, surely? Was down in Bristol so didn't hear the radio.