Luke Plange

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do we actually know it was £1m? Seen only that figure from the DM.

As for lending him back, would he have signed for them to sit in their U23s? They've done themselves a favour. They get in with a bid now before there's more competition in summer. He gets another few months being coached by one of England's greatest strikers and a (almost) guarantee that he'll play. They've got their money's worth. 

Not when we play him DCM in the last game of the season and he gets the inevitable long term injury. 

Just now, 1of4 said:

I assume we will still be paying Plange's wages. Will this be the same amount he was getting before his move or will we now be paying his new improved Crystal Palace wage?

We can't pay him more than we already were (that's one of the conditions for the EFL approving the loan) but not seen any indication as to whether we're subsidising his wages at all - possibly not.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Nothing but classy comments from Palace chairman Steve Parish and Lyke Plange himself over on the Crystal Palace website.

It's restored a little bit of my faith in football.

Why is it classy?

If you look at the facts Palace have still taken advantage of our situation and got a cut price deal for Plange. Loaning him back to us is good for them as well.

5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I assume we will still be paying Plange's wages. Will this be the same amount he was getting before his move or will we now be paying his new improved Crystal Palace wage?

The way I've interpreted the conditions set by the EFL, is that while he's on loan at Derby, his wages cannot be any higher, meaning that Palace cannot pay him any more until he leaves Derby. If this is the case, all credit to Plange for agreeing to these restrictions, he could have easily trebled his wages and been loaned to another club.

18 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Luke Plange? 3x? World's on it's arse.

image.png

My pleas to merge the two threads fell on deaf ears.
Then, some poor soul started that extremely topical third thread in Ex Rams,  and miraculously, the merge mallet reappears, as if by magic!

"Shocked" just doesn't cut it!   ?  

Not too sure where to post this, but do we have details on contract end dates? I know a number are due to expire in the summer but curious to know who.

In relation to Plange, I agree with many posters on here, £1m (to us) for effectively a season long loan is very good for this club in the current situation. The big PP turnouts, some players out and the added income from this 'sale and lease back' coupled with a competent Administrator should see us roll until a buyer can be finalised. 

26 minutes ago, rusgb said:

Not too sure where to post this, but do we have details on contract end dates? I know a number are due to expire in the summer but curious to know who.

In relation to Plange, I agree with many posters on here, £1m (to us) for effectively a season long loan is very good for this club in the current situation. The big PP turnouts, some players out and the added income from this 'sale and lease back' coupled with a competent Administrator should see us roll until a buyer can be finalised. 

Knight, and some U23/18s

Bird, Bielik, Sibley, Jozwiak

21 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Why is it classy?

If you look at the facts Palace have still taken advantage of our situation and got a cut price deal for Plange. Loaning him back to us is good for them as well.

Correct!

This sale is a killer for me, we should have been selling Lawrence who’s out of the door in the summer. Now we’ve let a greater younger striker go for peanuts. Can someone tell me why this is a good deal exactly?

7 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Correct!

This sale is a killer for me, we should have been selling Lawrence who’s out of the door in the summer. Now we’ve let a greater younger striker go for peanuts. Can someone tell me why this is a good deal exactly?

To be fair, it's the EFL that have let him go for peanuts by stopping us negotiating a longer and better contract before he became noticeable.  Once his agent was aware of interest it was game over. It is a crap deal because of this.

Plange’s contract was up in the summer as well wasn’t it? Personally I would have kept him (if we were desperate for cash then we’d have taken the Millwall and Bournemouth offers for Sibley and Lawrence), but if he was going, then under the circumstances we’ve probably done as well as we could have.

If only the EFL weren’t front-bottoms and we’d have been able to extend his contract…