Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Lets leave it there lads.

Feel free to go over to the Coronavirus thread if you really want a pointless debate!

Whilst the comments are not entirely on topic your comment about "pointless debate" are inappropriate as a Moderator. You are providing your personal opinion.  Close to 150,000 have died so pointless it is not, even if on the wrong place in this forum

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Whilst the comments are not entirely on topic your comment about "pointless debate" are inappropriate as a Moderator. You are providing your personal opinion.  Close to 150,000 have died so pointless it is not, even if on the wrong place in this forum

By pointless debate I meant that its almost certain that none of the regular contributors to that thread will change their stance anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No, i'll be sitting at home in the warm watching on TV, Those of you that turn up...good on ya?

Wimp. I remember Wednesday night matches at the BBG. Cigarette smoke and fog swirling round the floodlights, freezing cold. But then come to think of it I was a lot younger. Think I’ll stay in.

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Wimp. I remember Wednesday night matches at the BBG. Cigarette smoke and fog swirling round the floodlights, freezing cold. But then come to think of it I was a lot younger. Think I’ll stay in.

Been there done that, 100s of 1000S of us have, It's the love of DCFC that those who don't follow football will not understand, I watched fans of Bury and Macclesfield in tears when the club they followed for years folded, It wasn't their fault it was the Men they couldn't see who destroyed the clubs, Now reserected in the lower leagues.

We never thought back in the day that the game I/we would crawl over broken glass in a blizard to watch a team play on a pitch that was more akin to a ploughed field in the winter, Served wet hamburgers, A bovril that once drunk you could take the sludge left at the bottom of the cup home to grow flowers in, The late 60s, The 70s and 80s were times I cherish, But for me altho I watch on TV the love of the game has wained far to much, Maybe it's an age thing, Maybe I see the game in a different way than others, Fans were part of a club once, I don't see that in todays game.

I've far far to much to say on this subject...but don't want to clog the board up, Just to say that those who still go enjoy the experiance and give them all the support you can.

COYRs

On 25/11/2021 at 13:49, Mucker1884 said:

Get over yourselves!

Since they put some railings up ten years ago, to stop me cutting through from Beaufort Chippy and running across the A52* down by the Cattle Market, I have to walk all the way round!  What was a 20min walk is now a 30 min walk"  That's right"  +50%... with MY knees!  

Think on!  

* Oh yeah... Don't try that at home kids.  It ain't big.  It ain't clever!

Beaufort Chippy? We used to call there most nights after kicking a ball about on the Racecourse til it got dark.

On 26/11/2021 at 01:49, sunnyhill60 said:

Tripe!

Covid has been the reason for my limited visits to Pride Park, despite having a season ticket. Most of the season ticket holders I have sat with for over 20 years have not been back. They were not moaners or grumblers so keep your bilious judgments to yourself. I'm just hoping they are still alive!

I think you have taken my statement too personally.  Whilst I have said the majority are the moaners (and I stand by that), it is definitely noticeable that the atmosphere is far more enjoyable and encouraging despite the crowds being down by several thousand.  I’d far rather watch a match with a crowd that is hugely partisan and hostile for the opposition, rather than having several thousand who just show up to be entertained and dilute the advantage that the home crowd can give.

It is fair to theorise that the majority of those who are not at the game are those who are not pulling in the same direction and are the fair weather fans.

Obviously, I would not identify those who are isolating due to health concerns in this broad view (hence the caveat of majority, and not all), and I wish you all the very best in finally being able to return one day.

16 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I think you have taken my statement too personally.  Whilst I have said the majority are the moaners (and I stand by that), it is definitely noticeable that the atmosphere is far more enjoyable and encouraging despite the crowds being down by several thousand.  I’d far rather watch a match with a crowd that is hugely partisan and hostile for the opposition, rather than having several thousand who just show up to be entertained and dilute the advantage that the home crowd can give.

It is fair to theorise that the majority of those who are not at the game are those who are not pulling in the same direction and are the fair weather fans.

Obviously, I would not identify those who are isolating due to health concerns in this broad view (hence the caveat of majority, and not all), and I wish you all the very best in finally being able to return one day.

?????So the different enjoyable atmosphere is nothing to do with the circumstances we are in this season? And that wasnt also the case with the premier league disaster season which had a similar vibe?

On 27/11/2021 at 08:27, angieram said:

In other news, is anyone encouraged enough by our recent form to have bought tickets for Monday night? 

I am ecstatic with recent form but still cant get to Derby for the same reasons I cannot get to Derby until probably Christmas. But will I be buying a ticket as I have for every home game even though I cant come as some sort of virtual ticket still hasnt been set up? yes I will.
Even though those like me are constantly called moaners, fairweather fans, scared of covid, half fans by "fellow fans"? And will i frantically be following for every second via sky, my subscription to ramstv audio (even though I could just watch the home match on sky), this forum and twitter - yes I will. Total moaner and half fan me.
Hope you have a good night Angie and please sing twice as hard to "we'll fight to the end" for me 

All this super fan stuff has become rather tiresome. Seems it's not enough for some to be congratulated for creating a great atmosphere at games and rightly so. The postulating on the demeanour and loyalty of those who can't and haven't made games recently has worn thin now.

I'd imagine there are those who have passed, either by Covid or other natural causes and have not yet been replaced by the next generation. I'd wager being better at cheering than a dead person might not be something to crow about. We might consider this and other threads may also be unpleasant reading for their loved ones.

Many will have found themselves financially stretched, others may have voted with their feet and simply not renewed this year as Mel was still in tenure. Whatever the reasons, I don't believe it's fair to second-guess them, nor to suppose they are the only fans who have ever moaned at matches. That's patently nonsense.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

All this super fan stuff has become rather tiresome. Seems it's not enough for some to be congratulated for creating a great atmosphere at games and rightly so. The postulating on the demeanour and loyalty of those who can't and haven't made games recently has worn thin now.

I'd imagine there are those who have passed, either by Covid or other natural causes and have not yet been replaced by the next generation. I'd wager being better at cheering than a dead person might not be something to crow about. We might consider this and other threads may also be unpleasant reading for their loved ones.

Many will have found themselves financially stretched, others may have voted with their feet and simply not renewed this year as Mel was still in tenure. Whatever the reasons, I don't believe it's fair to second-guess them, nor to suppose they are the only fans who have ever moaned at matches. That's patently nonsense.

I won’t be attending due to being in Derby Royal with appendicitis. 
In the 1970’s/80’s I would have been stood in the Popside in my surgical gown holding my drip stand but I’m a bit wimpier these days ?

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I won’t be attending due to being in Derby Royal with appendicitis. 
In the 1970’s/80’s I would have been stood in the Popside in my surgical gown holding my drip stand but I’m a bit wimpier these days ?

Hope you're better soon, Reggie.