Its an emergency phone in

JG400

44 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think the whole system is to blame. We have broken the rules which we have been punished for, but when clubs are coming down from the PL with parachute payments for 3 years then surely that is an unfair advantage over the rest of the clubs who haven’t got such payments.

The system favours a few. 
Is the current system fair?

Something needs to change.

No one disagrees with that, not even supposedly Parry at the EFL. BUT as matters stand the receipt of parachute payments is written within the rules.

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Hope they have the same “Expert” on they used this time last year . The one who explained it was perfectly normal for it to take 3 months for a cheque to arrive from the Middle East.

Haha, yes, it might be an idea for the administrators to establish that any prospective new owners have mastered the art of online banking. 

34 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m desperate for the day when who is to blame is not continually rehashed and more constructive topics come along. 

Think it's done now to be honest. No point rehashing it now our fate is sealed. Most will want to move on I suspect. God knows it's been a grim 2 years for all sorts of reasons and dwelling on this won't be an uplifting experience for anyone. That said, I think most Rams fans are pretty resilient creatures and will dust themselves down, lift their heads and get on with supporting the club, least I hope so! There will be better times ahead and while we may not storm L1, I'd hope we'd win more than we'd lose. There'll be some fun days for sure ?

COYR

41 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m desperate for the day when who is to blame is not continually rehashed and more constructive topics come along. 

Do you mean parking in Cheltenham? Going to be a fair few firsts for many an away day fan at least. 

To be honest, I’m with you, right now I’m fed up with the saga dragging on, so as much interest in hearing who’s to blame, as Ed Dawes rambling on about trains and everything else not happening on the pitch when he commentates.

Some at the EFL might be a little smug how they have imposed their “justice” on us, doubt they will look at themselves much as it’s not in their character or nature, so sod them.

Time to move on, let’s see who’s coming in as owners, what their rebuild plans are, will Rooney stay as part of that, which players will commit to at least one season should the highly likely relegation to league 1 occur. Who we are going to sign to replace them, what type of player we need to suit whatever style of play Rooney or whoever adopt to try and get us back up.

Cant wait for this to all move on now.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

FFP is an outdated concept now for the reasons stated. The yoyo of Norwich, Watford etc show this. The only true financial constraint would be to put a worldwide cap on transfer funds and wages, but that’s never going to happen. 

Either we make it no limit and if owners go crazy chasing the dollar then it’s a gamble clubs and fans have to accept or they keep with the FFP rules. Or some smart arse comes up with another plan but that’s out of my limits. 

Sad times. 

I found it really heartening when fans forced a rethink of the Super League plans, but we are already half way there. The fact is we have a top tier which is separate from, and vastly more profitable than, the rest of football. It breaks things for everyone else. And I have absolutely no idea what you do about that. You could have a system where revenue is shared more fairly but the rich clubs would simply split. You could have a system where no losses are allowed and the best players would play abroad and fans wouldn't accept it. It's an impossible puzzle really. And it's why, while I believe Mel messed up and is responsible for much of our current plight, I can't say that I think he was badly motivated. The whole system is geared toward encouraging owners to go that little bit further, that little bit further, until they can no longer swim safely back to shore. 

3 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Have we got a new scapegoat for our plight??? It’s all the EFL’s fault, it’s all Gibsons fault. It appears it may soon be Ed Dawes fault. At what stage does the penny drop that we are reaping what we have sown. I for one actually feel relief at today’s announcement. We are now free for a new owner to come in with a bid, knowing we will be a league 1 club with all our skeletons out of the closet. One step back now but 2 steps forward over the coming years I believe. And just to let the young uns know. The last time we were in division 3 was great. We stormed it with a massive support home and away. It’s not all doom and gloom 

We weren't under an embargo and we didn't have the Football League trying to kill our club.

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Ed Dawes is a total first class ??

Does anyone on here like him or respect his views ? 

If he thinks its deserved and he's that disgusted he could let someone else take the seat-win/win.  I fear, however, you'll be listening to him taking about seagulls descending from an autumn sky into Plymouth Hoe, whilst the 4.25 Great Western 3rd class series train built in 2001 heads West towards Saltash.  Just before Plymouth score the third and he spontaneously combusts over a throw in that lead to it 5 minutes earlier.  

Don't be fooled by stories of Cheltenham's retired colonels and uber rich hooray Henry's.. they are all there of course and Montpelier is a wonderful place to wander..plus you have to get a Burger Star burger they are superb.. 

But there are some dire areas..Whaddon where the ground is for starters and if you drive in via PE Way then don't stop at traffic lights..you might lose your wheels..

Personally I have reached the conclusion that it’s a mixture of mel Morris and the EFL to blame for how far this mess has descended,to the point of being on the brink of the club going out of existence, shame on both parties ,pride , stubbornness and disregard for the most important thing ,ie a club like Derby going out of business,

that said ,it’s time to move on ,hope we find a buyer wanting to and able to pick up the pieces and rebuild with a loyal fan base supporting them??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Personally I have reached the conclusion that it’s a mixture of mel Morris and the EFL to blame for how far this mess has descended,to the point of being on the brink of the club going out of existence, shame on both parties ,pride , stubbornness and disregard for the most important thing ,ie a club like Derby going out of business,

that said ,it’s time to move on ,hope we find a buyer wanting to and able to pick up the pieces and rebuild with a loyal fan base supporting them??‍♂️

I think some of us were at that point a long time ago, plus COVID a of course has had. Massive effect.

I think the admin team need to find a buyer quick if they are not to be added to the list of contributors.

12 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

You think the club are blameless? Really?

Define club?? If you mean the players, the working staff and the fans (who are all THE CLUB as far as I am concerned, then no they are not to blame.

If you mean management who ran the club (poorly in my opinion) on behalf of the club, then yes I do blame them.

The definition of Management refers to the optimal way to accomplish tasks and achieve goals, using Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling functions or processes.

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think the admin team need to find a buyer quick if they are not to be added to the list of contributors.

Spot on PP………..to sum up last nights financial administration for dummies episode (I include myself in this group) it seems £60 million will be needed to buy a third tier club who don’t own their own ground.

On the day we were informed of the nine point deduction not a word for the fans from the administrators.  Apparently Radio Derby are interviewing them on Friday……………………..now’s the time to earn your money lads.

50 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Spot on PP………..to sum up last nights financial administration for dummies episode (I include myself in this group) it seems £60 million will be needed to buy a third tier club who don’t own their own ground.

On the day we were informed of the nine point deduction not a word for the fans from the administrators.  Apparently Radio Derby are interviewing them on Friday……………………..now’s the time to earn your money lads.

Have I missed something? To be fair, admin team are not allowed to say anything due to gagging order. Let's hope they have better news on Friday.

Actually thought last night was a good and clear explanation about the current state of play, Dawes and Coles did a good job at touching most bases and going into the basic processes and potential snags going into the next stage of proceedings.

Think I learnt more in five minutes of listening to that than anything I’d scanned on here (aside I-Ram and LeedsCityRam who did very good posts from what I saw), so maybe those in glass houses shouldn’t be throwing stones?

Edited by TuffLuff