Radical Idea

jimtastic56

I thought this as soon as we went into admin and started selling out away ends. We should say we aren’t selling away tickets as we haven’t got an operating ticket office and then keep the money in our own club by purchasing home tickets.  
whilst we’re at it, put all away tickets in our ground upto £40-£50 and fleece other fans. They hate us anyway so may as well add another thing to their list. 

we should definitely not sell any boro tickets !!!!  

For some people, weekends are about football. For some of these people, going to the football isn't the only reason why they go. They like to be with their friends, family or just around other DCFC supporters and this is what they look forward to from the last whistle of the last game. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t go to anymore away games this season . You won’t be filling the coffers of other Championship teams. Save the cash and use it next season to buy a friend or relative a season ticket . The players will understand.

They might understand, but they need our support. It's a tough ask to keep giving your maximum performance with (atm) no end nor reward in sight.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They might understand, but they need our support. It's a tough ask to keep giving your maximum performance with (atm) no end nor reward in sight.

It will never happen, imo.

Most of the supporters I know will go to every game, regardless.

If anything, it will make them even more determined to be there.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t go to anymore away games this season . You won’t be filling the coffers of other Championship teams. Save the cash and use it next season to buy a friend or relative a season ticket . The players will understand.

May as well go into lockdown whilst we are at it..

Absolutely not. I do get your point about filling other clubs coffers but it really isn't about that, besides pretty sure we get a small % of ticket sales for away matches.

If anything, we should be filling that away end every game. Being proud of who we are and that we are sticking by our city and our football club. That's what we do and that is what will happen. The bounce back starts now. Potential new players will see this and understand what a special club we are.

4 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Absolutely not. I do get your point about filling other clubs coffers but it really isn't about that, besides pretty sure we get a small % of ticket sales for away matches.

If anything, we should be filling that away end every game. Being proud of who we are and that we are sticking by our city and our football club. That's what we do and that is what will happen. The bounce back starts now. Potential new players will see this and understand what a special club we are.

Couldn't agree more.

Whilst we still have players and a coaching staff putting 100% effort in (Before anyone says anything, ability and effort are two separate things), then we as fans should do exactly the same.

Plus - what image would it create if/when we get a new owner on board. I want our new owner to look at our away followings (excluding those who behave like tw@ts) and support and think "Wow".

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

For some people, weekends are about football. For some of these people, going to the football isn't the only reason why they go. They like to be with their friends, family or just around other DCFC supporters and this is what they look forward to from the last whistle of the last game. 

Do everything the same, just chant from outside the ground whilst watching on RamsTV!

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

It will never happen, imo.

Most of the supporters I know will go to every game, regardless.

If anything, it will make them even more determined to be there.

Absolutely, regardless of the joke this makes of competition itself we need to support the team like never before. We don’t want to go into next season all down in the dumps, the atmosphere now needs to ramp up even more to give the players the belief they have our backing no matter what position/division/situation we are in. Anyway what else are you going to do on a Saturday (or Sunday dinner, Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Friday night) 

The saying is 'Better Together'. 

If anything, from the supporters I know and spoke to over the past couple of months, this has made them realise exactly what DCFC means to them. 

You can start to take most things for granted in life and this is certainly no different. 

The one thing Derby supporters can do for the rest of this season is show the rest of the football world what a well supported club we are. Through thick and thin, we'll be there and when the good times roll again, we can all say we played our part. 

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think that's a bad idea. This is a time where we need to show potential owners, players, coaches, staff what a club we could be, what our potential is. This isn't a the to take a backward step.

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

Maybe we could just boycott the food and drink stalls. I like the idea of Gibson having to take 500 pies home before they go off.