Radical Idea

jimtastic56

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Maybe we could just boycott the food and drink stalls. I like the idea of Gibson having to take 500 pies home before they go off. 

Nah!  He'll just slap a thick slice of spam on top, batter the lot, deep fry, and donate to local charities/homeless!  

They'd no doubt make him a saint!     

Tap into the fighting spirit of the 2007/8 season. Every match was one where we all knew we were fighting above our weight and would inevitably lose but the support was recognized as the best in the Premiership by other clubs fans that year. 32000 averaged every home game then. Anything over 20000 this time (taking into account covid etc..) would be marvellous. Haven't given up hope yet as am an eternal optimist. Strangely looking forward to next season as if in Div. 1 we will be playing the majority of the games at the proper time Saturday 3pm!!! UTR 

6 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t go to anymore away games this season . You won’t be filling the coffers of other Championship teams. Save the cash and use it next season to buy a friend or relative a season ticket . The players will understand.

I have read your advice and choose to totally ignore it, I have been to every away game and hopefully ? will continue to do so for the rest of the season. COYR . ps please don’t complain when they priorities the Wembley tickets.

6 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

I thought this as soon as we went into admin and started selling out away ends. We should say we aren’t selling away tickets as we haven’t got an operating ticket office and then keep the money in our own club by purchasing home tickets.  
whilst we’re at it, put all away tickets in our ground upto £40-£50 and fleece other fans. They hate us anyway so may as well add another thing to their list. 

we should definitely not sell any boro tickets !!!!  

I’m trying to think of a word that rhymes with rollocks 

6 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t go to anymore away games this season . You won’t be filling the coffers of other Championship teams. Save the cash and use it next season to buy a friend or relative a season ticket . The players will understand.

Understand the sentiment Jim but I think I'd go with the turn up en masse and sing loud, sing proud option. The club and the players need all the support they can get currently and we don't want prospective new owners thinking us fans are off on our toes.

It's also a bit of a two-fingered salute to our myriad of detractors.

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Do you know what I like this .

Could we support the club in other ways this season and then go again to away games next season. 

23 hours ago, therams69 said:

May as well go into lockdown whilst we are at it..

Absolutely not. I do get your point about filling other clubs coffers but it really isn't about that, besides pretty sure we get a small % of ticket sales for away matches.

If anything, we should be filling that away end every game. Being proud of who we are and that we are sticking by our city and our football club. That's what we do and that is what will happen. The bounce back starts now. Potential new players will see this and understand what a special club we are.

Dammit you have stirred something in my loins. Craven Cottage here I come (not literally of course @DarkFruitsRam7)