League 1 now...

MackworthRamIsGod

15 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Of course they have - I was at Elland Road when Leeds did it to us - but the point I believe you were making was underpinned by a need for blind faith in order to be true fan.

I suggest that facing a highly probable outcome with grace and positivity (as @Ambitious did in their original post about life in League One) make you no less of a supporter.

Where’s the positivity in saying we are already relegated with 87 points still to play for, I will except it if and when it happens but until that happens I will be cheering on the team to try and win as many games as possible cos if we don’t you can’t expect the players to.

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Where’s the positivity in saying we are already relegated with 87 points still to play for, I will except it if and when it happens but until that happens I will be cheering on the team to try and win as many games as possible cos if we don’t you can’t expect the players to.

Good post. There could be further clubs facing points deduction, before the season ends ??

I think the reality is starting to hit home now, we have known we are going down for a long time now but we have to take the positives and the positives are that these reductions are placed in this league and not league 1 which would almost definitely point to league two.

It is not going to be an easy ride, whatever owner comes in is going to have to cut costs and spend frugally, it could be a few years in league one but let's hope not. Although we have to not go down there with delusion otherwise it will be hard to stomach expecting to win every match down there. We have to be realistic, we have barely a league one quality squad as it is.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

A true fan that’s already given up??‍♂️. A true fan is when your 3-0 down and still think you can win 4-3.

That's just a fan that's completely lost touch with reality, innit? When was the last time Derby were 3:0 down and came back to win 4:3? Answers on a postcard. 

I remember it the other way round and being at Leeds with Derby 3:0 up at the break. In true Rams' fashion we ended up losing 4:3.

Edited by Sheff Ram

Never mind. When we get out of League One (and we will, however long it takes) it will be all the sweeter. I'd rather we had a club and it be in L1 than no club at all.

Pack out the away ends of every ground in the league next season, enjoy some new away days and take each game as it comes.

This is what real football is about.

57 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

That's just a fan that's completely lost touch with reality, innit? When was the last time Derby were 3:0 down and came back to win 4:3? Answers on a postcard. 

I remember it the other way round and being at Leeds with Derby 3:0 up at the break. In true Rams' fashion we ended up losing 4:3.

One I remember we were 3-0 up but it was 3-2 at the break...we're there 2 games where that happened v Leeds?

1 hour ago, Sheff Ram said:

Didn’t Sturridge score very early? A brace for him? Without looking it up, maybe my memory doesn’t serve me well