League 1 now...

MackworthRamIsGod

1 hour ago, Sheff Ram said:

That's just a fan that's completely lost touch with reality, innit? When was the last time Derby were 3:0 down and came back to win 4:3? Answers on a postcard. 

I remember it the other way round and being at Leeds with Derby 3:0 up at the break. In true Rams' fashion we ended up losing 4:3.

When we were at Elland road for the playoff semifinal and the Leeds fans were singing “ we beat you at home we beat you away” and then they scored another goal  should we just have gone home with our tails between our legs. Well I’m glad we didn’t cos I would have missed one of the best nights of my life. Now is not the time to give up.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Where’s the positivity in saying we are already relegated with 87 points still to play for, I will except it if and when it happens but until that happens I will be cheering on the team to try and win as many games as possible cos if we don’t you can’t expect the players to.

My thoughts exactly.  The likelihood is, yeah we're going down, but until there's a big red R next to our name, never, ever give up. 

Forest Green Rovers was officially recognised as the world’s first vegan football club after we received the Vegan Trademark from the Vegan Society.

Can you get kicked out the ground for sneaking in a couple of Lincolnshire’s finest sausage rolls and a half time pork pie?

…………..asking for a friend.

2 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Forest Green Rovers was officially recognised as the world’s first vegan football club after we received the Vegan Trademark from the Vegan Society.

Can you get kicked out the ground for sneaking in a couple of Lincolnshire’s finest sausage rolls and a half time pork pie?

…………..asking for a friend.

I'll let you know. I'm going next Saturday! 

57 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

When we were at Elland road for the playoff semifinal and the Leeds fans were singing “ we beat you at home we beat you away” and then they scored another goal  should we just have gone home with our tails between our legs. Well I’m glad we didn’t cos I would have missed one of the best nights of my life. Now is not the time to give up.

Just read this … 

Very inspiring .. well played sir

i take back my if comment above this post 

35 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

At last, a game near me to watch next year without a 8 hour round trip. PAFC

Oh wait a mo, maybe not, just my luck. them swapping places

That's my worry too! Hopefully they fall off a bit and Exeter keep things up, two local games then. Cheltenham and Forest Green not a million miles away either.

Then when Plymouth stays down, we can pinch Ryan Lowe if Rooney goes. He's a fantastic young manager.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

That's my worry too! Hopefully they fall off a bit and Exeter keep things up, two local games then. Cheltenham and Forest Green not a million miles away either.

Then when Plymouth stays down, we can pinch Ryan Lowe if Rooney goes. He's a fantastic young manager.

And it's another Scouser, would be our 4th one in charge if it happens

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Im up for giving lifts to the Green and Cheltenham games, (sorry dont wanna write greens first name ) however i dont want people think im after brownie points giving all the mods lifts,  ask uttoxram lol

13 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Those who say MM had bad luck only have to point at Bielik. What would have happened if he’d stayed fit ?

There's no doubt he's made his bed and ours too, but jeez he's properly lucked out too. I sometimes think we're under some weird ACL curse not to mention our capacity for play-off final brainfarts. Losing Bielik and Thorne almost back to back and the Hughes and Martin injuries... Not been an easy ride, this last few years!

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Didn’t Sturridge score very early? A brace for him? Without looking it up, maybe my memory doesn’t serve me well 

You're spot on. Then just before half-time we got a peno. Sturridge had hold of the ball but Asanovic grabbed it off him, put it in the spot and tucked it away.

Edited by Sheff Ram

My nephew was born the same day I picked up my play off final ticket for West Brom.  He's 15 in May and doing his GCSE'S. at some point before he collects his state pension, it would be nice for him to have a couple of seasons watching his team match and beat Man Utd and Arsenal like I had the pleasure of intermittently, not worrying about the existence of the club and thinking about games in a horrific turgid league that I cut my teeth watching us play in.  It's a far tougher league now and we don't have players that will take a huge drop in wages, or have enough lack of ego, to come and play for us like 35 years ago.