League 1 now...

MackworthRamIsGod

32 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Right, let's get building for League One then!

Any player who's definitely not going to be here next season wouldn't be playing again in my team now. Give as many academy lads as possible some first team experience. Get some experienced (Champ/L1) heads in on loan in Jan that we could possibly pick up for free in the summer.

What's the punishment for deliberately fielding a weakened team  ;-)

30 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Right, let's get building for League One then!

Any player who's definitely not going to be here next season wouldn't be playing again in my team now. Give as many academy lads as possible some first team experience. Get some experienced (Champ/L1) heads in on loan in Jan that we could possibly pick up for free in the summer.

Too many academy lads on a muddy Div 1 pitch and we’ll get muscled into mediocrity. 

On 10/11/2021 at 21:12, Zag zig said:

One of the best seasons ever for going away, was that promotion campaign under Arthur.

Still remember besides the football, trips to the likes of York, can’t remember nothing about the game in truth, just being shunted into the station after the game, the coppers deciding to treat us like animals, so we behaved like it back. Several hundred baa,baa’s as they herded us through onto the train, with the end result of the old station doors hanging off the hinges and everyone pi$$ing themselves as the train left the station.

Football supporting was bloody fun being the biggest club in the league, taking over stadiums (if you could call some that, who remembers the many away ends that were just open concrete terraces), out-singing locals, none of the premier league trappings. 

Next year could be fun.

I was there at that one. One of my first away games along with Lincoln. I was about 12 or 13 and was right at the front when they shut the station doors ( I think there was another football special changing at york). Derby fans trying to break the doors down (which would have fallen on us and probably would have killed a few so not very clever) until the copper shouted "if you don't back off, I'll ram this f'ing horse into you. Back on the football special and the only thing for sale in the catering carriage were apples. "Oh Bobby Bobby..."

Anyway, back on subject. Relegation to League One is not the end of the world. Having no club to support would be. My young kids and I will still go and support Derby and for the thousands who go to watch Derby with their mates or their Dad or their kids - it bonds us. Those memories of away days to York and Lincoln with my cousin when I was young, I'll keep forever. My 8 year old son still talks about the playoff final at Wembley and how great Wembley is. My daughter comes with us too now and it's quality time with them, regardless of which division we're in. That's football - not so much about the quality of the football on the pitch, but, match day and everything that we do with those we go with.

Edited by NottmRAM

On 10/11/2021 at 22:52, Ambitious said:

I'll take a consistent run on 3pm Saturday games, with no international breaks. It's not going to feel glamorous, far from it, but it is what you make it. The possibility of new away grounds is exciting to me. I'm genuinely looking forward to a bit of a change. 

Football is football at the end of the day. We've been a low scoring, largely dull side under a transfer embargo for the past two seasons. I couldn't care less about being one step further from a division I haven't seen since I was a teenager. If all I was interested in was the Premier League, I'd travel 30 minutes in the other direction and watch Leicester. 

Props and big up to this post. These are the words of a true fan of their club. Respect.

Of course they have - I was at Elland Road when Leeds did it to us - but the point I believe you were making was underpinned by a need for blind faith in order to be true fan.

I suggest that facing a highly probable outcome with grace and positivity (as @Ambitious did in their original post about life in League One) make you no less of a supporter.