Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on Scottish/Malaysian Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My thoughts exactly. It looks as if the EFL is trying to extend the process to prevent a resolution and make it impossible for the administrators to sell the club. If they had the slightest intention of trying to support a member club, they would expedite the process so another obstacle is removed, thereby helping the club survive as a going concern.

There's nothing in Percys twitter posts from last night to suggest who adjourned the appeal...unless i've missed a post or 2?

10 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Wonder if the "Eastern European chap" is the Azerbaijani businessman Nasib Piriyev & his PAI Capital who were supposedly in for West Ham?

"If we look at any other club it would be a more pragmatic and business approach and it would be a smaller club,” Piriyev told The Athletic.

"There are a few that are struggling, interesting opportunities around Derby and Hull who you can buy and bring up and there is so much going on.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-takeover-piriyev-west-ham-6037205

Just bought what I think is my last 2 Christmas pressies and then I'm done ?.  All I want for Christmas though is for this saga to be resolved.  For a new owner to be in place (or agreed at least) and for me to be able to look forward to just focusing on what we do on the pitch rather than everything off it.  C'mon Santa, it's in my letter to you - please read it. ?

1 minute ago, BucksRam said:

Just bought what I think is my last 2 Christmas pressies and then I'm done ?.  All I want for Christmas though is for this saga to be resolved.  For a new owner to be in place (or agreed at least) and for me to be able to look forward to just focusing on what we do on the pitch rather than everything off it.  C'mon Santa, it's in my letter to you - please read it. ?

Santa is one of the interested bidders. More credible than most. 

21 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Wonder if the "Eastern European chap" is the Azerbaijani businessman Nasib Piriyev & his PAI Capital who were supposedly in for West Ham?

Think you'll find it's this guy

image.png.9c7c546491b86ccb2d539ce2622adbcc.png

I can't remember his name, But seriously wealthy.

Listened to some of it live. Good listen. Basically Easdale saying not enough time to do enough due diligence that would satisfy their consortium to do a deal. Simon Jordan spot on - it’s positive news the administrators are driving to a positive outcome in the most expedient time possible , if you want to do a deal you’ve got to do it in these timescales. They’ve decided they can’t that’s up to them but it means they won’t entertain late comers who then potentially drag their feet. Easdale was also saying unknowns about points deductions etc.

SJ also mentioned again what he’s been told about Kirchner’s liquid assets - making out he’s seriously rich. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Obviously my cynical perception is that the EFL has delayed this to negatively impact our chances of getting a buyer or at least push it nicely into the January transfer window and extend our embargo accordingly.  Is it a coincidence the Easdales have pulled out due to unacceptable timelines just as this is announced.   I can't see a reason for the adjournment provided anywhere, and the less than helpful EFL statement is, well, less than helpful.  

Anyone know why it's adjourned?

I don't think a reason has been given, nor has there been any complaint or comment (positive or negative from either party) which would lead me to conclude that both parties have agreed to it (rather than the EFL adjourning it for their own reasons without Derby's agreement). In turn it might be reasonable to conclude from that that discussions with the EFL are reaching a point which make the hearing unnecessary.  Any agreement reached will be a compromise of course so both sides will win, and lose.

God knows that the EFL haven't covered themselves in glory with their processes which have been amateurish at best, equally though I find it very hard to believe that they genuinely want us to go under.  They might want to use us as an example to bring others into line, they might want us punished enough that we go down (which they anticipated the earlier DC would achieve), they might be in thrall to certain of their members and 'run' an incompetent  organisation that really isn't fit for purpose any more, but I struggle to believe that they want us out of business completely. So I would take the adjournment of the hearing, which by definition can be restarted, as the EFL helping to remove some of the obstacles to a quicker deal.

The unacceptable timelines comment is an easy excuse/reason to give.  Maybe they weren't in a real position to proceed.  We would have all been moaning loudly if this had dragged on 6 months to allow the Easdales the time they wanted.

Who knows though?! 

The way I've read this is that the admins know Kirchner or A.N other who are already far down the line to do a deal is a much better option for DCFC than The Kray twins. This is why they've put an unrealistic timeline together for the brothers so it puts them off. 

I've got a good feeling about Kirchner or Appleby and will be happy with either, especially if we have this sorted before Christmas. 

27 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Anyone else get the impression that Quantuma didn't really fancy the Easdale brothers? 

I said it earlier on Twitter, not a chance Quantama would want to pass the club onto them.

If you do a bit of digging it isn't hard to find the Malaysians they were showing around Rangers when they were there and where some of them currently are.

They would have had trouble passing any fit and proper tests also.

When I saw them mentioned as being serious contenders it made me question the administrators slightly as everything up until that point had been positive.

I needn't have worried, these administrators are consumate professionals and I think a part of them does want the best for the club and fans ...

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said it earlier on Twitter, not a chance Quantama would want to pass the club onto them.

If you do a bit of digging it isn't hard to find the Malaysians they were showing around Rangers when they were there and where some of them currently are.

They would have had trouble passing any fit and proper tests also.

When I saw them mentioned as being serious contenders it made me question the administrators slightly as everything up until that point had been positive.

I needn't have worried, these administrators are consumate professionals and I think a part of them does want the best for the club and fans ...

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Missed the bus.