Rams vs Barnsley (A) Matchday Thread

angieram

Well the arguments for and against Sibley continue. But the statement that we have destroyed him is pretty fair. His best position is No 10, playing of a front man. So how many times has he been able to do that? And I don't count him coming on with 10 to go, usually when we are already losing, or only drawing. My guess is you will only need the fingers of one hand.

YEs, tonight he came om with 15 to go, but we took the target man off. He got slammed on Saturday,  but he was stuck out wide, and hardly given the ball. Without the ball, he can't do nowt. I wish he could have the chance to play his best position for a longer period, and show that he doesn't show up for 1 game in 7 (hint, hint). Sadly its the Derby way - we have done it to Kinkladze, Chris Martin after his return, and Will Hughes, when we kept playing him as DM, and loads of others. Notice that tonight he had perhaps the best shot in the second half after being on for only  a minute.

To nearly quote John Lennon and Co, "All I am saying, is give him a chance."

Awful performance but does anybody else get the idea the players are confused by the management team. We tinker with the squad game by game. We play different formation different front 3 different striker. Can we not just try and fix on a balanced starting 11 over a period of games. I actually think Rooney has galvanised the squad from last season but 3 wins in 16 isn’t good enough. Was an ask to stay up either way with what’s happened.

Let's be honest we're down. We all know it.

Our only hope is to get points back with the appeal, a new owner and a few new players in January.

Tonight was a shambles. Bar hitting the bar at the end, I never once felt like we were going to score at all.

Quite a few times we've got full backs in space overlapping and someone decides to have a shot from 25-30 yards instead.

Morrison did it twice, with Byrne in acres of space down the right.

Sibley when he can on. Had Ebosele and Buchanan in acres and decide to shoot.

Morrison doesn't offer us anything at all. Spends most the game playing as the third centre half. Suspended on Saturday and I think we'll play better without him.

Anybody notice captain Tom today? Said it a hundred times. Goes missing far too often. 

The defending for that second goal was a complete disgrace and we deserved to lose that game based on that alone.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Let’s put it into perspective. Without any points deduction, we’d still be 20th which isn’t good enough for the players we have. 

Really? I (and others, I think) was predicting a relegation dogfight with or without a points deduction this season precisely because of the players we have (or, more to the point, the players we don’t have). We have a fairly decent starting 11 on paper, but the squad is paper thin and can’t cope with any fitness issues (inc. the age of some of our players in key positions) or loss of form. Reality is biting a bit I’m afraid and those plucky draws where we had a decent shout of winning are coming to haunt us. 

Poor performance pretty much all game today. What has happened to the defence that kept 3 clean sheets in a row & had the joint best record? Taken the lead vs Luton & Barnsley only for the defence to be all over the place. Forsyth was bad vs Barnsley but even worse tonight & that 2nd goal was pathetic, 2 experienced CBs & they both go to sleep on a set piece.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's be honest we're down. We all know it.

Our only hope is to get points back with the appeal, a new owner and a few new players in January.

Tonight was a shambles. Bar hitting the bar at the end, I never once felt like we were going to score at all.

Quite a few times we've got full backs in space overlapping and someone decides to have a shot from 25-30 yards instead.

Morrison did it twice, with Byrne in acres of space down the right.

Sibley when he can on. Had Ebosele and Buchanan in acres and decide to shoot.

Morrison doesn't offer us anything at all. Spends most the game playing as the third centre half. Suspended on Saturday and I think we'll play better without him.

Anybody notice captain Tom today? Said it a hundred times. Goes missing far too often. 

The defending for that second goal was a complete disgrace and we deserved to lose that game based on that alone.

What about when we did score?