Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But why? Why should a name like Debenhams which has been well and truly tarnished by its owners still be able to trade as a brand but Derby county not? 

The Derby County “brand” could continue, as I understand it, but would have to be a new company such as AFC Derby County.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Couple of posters ( on ignore ) only seem to post on this thread , usually repeating their opinion as fact despite being corrected ad nauseam. Never ever see them post on match day threads or any other club or player threads. 
i really do wonder what they get out of it and why ? 

I guess that's directed at me,why would i need to post on a matchday thread,nobody wants to know how i feel about the match or how well we have or haven't played. I can't see the point in saying Lawrence (or any other player of your choice) has had a good game then the next week saying he is the devil in disguise because he missed a sitter. I post on here because i don't want to see the club go under,i am not being negative just realistic. If that doesn't fit in with your way of thinking there is nothing i can do about that.

Some interesting stuff on Radio Derby tonight with Kieran Maguire (yes yes I know, but calm down). And I might have heard these things wrong so don’t take it as gospel 

-MSD Holdings essentially have £80mill security on their investment and only given the club £1.25mill so far, if the club got liquidated and there was a stadium designed for football and no football they would lose out because the value of the stadium would be less?

-Maguire mentioned the possibility that this might be the administrators saying ‘we want bids on the table or it’s time to walk away’ to the other potential investors. You’re either interested in sorting out the mess or not.

-Lots of ‘four dimensional chess’ being played by parties which we’ve known about for a long time.

-Still a long way to go and won’t be over until the fat lady sings

So not all positive, but essentially we are in the same boat as we’ve been for the last week, we are waiting for the administrators to name a preferred bidder which will be next week. Everything else for now is just fluff. 

Edit: Oh final bit, Dawes and Maguire both indicated that if Mel wanted to be true to his word that he should be willing to pay at least some of the debt owed. The simple fact of the matter is that wages/fees we couldnt afford have essentially been hidden within this debt. First time I think I’ve seen it suggested publically.

Edited by TuffLuff

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

Some good points but companies that go bust and continue to trade generally change there name and registration and VAT numbers at companies house.  Guess what that means we are no longer members of the EFL....  That means auromatic expulsion and down to the bottom of the Non League wood pile....

Give me auromatic expulsion ANY day...not ducking that one. 

43 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I guess that's directed at me,why would i need to post on a matchday thread,nobody wants to know how i feel about the match or how well we have or haven't played. I can't see the point in saying Lawrence (or any other player of your choice) has had a good game then the next week saying he is the devil in disguise because he missed a sitter. I post on here because i don't want to see the club go under,i am not being negative just realistic. If that doesn't fit in with your way of thinking there is nothing i can do about that.

As if this thread and subject isn’t the biggest thing in all our lives at the moment! Any true Derby fan is probably like me and you constantly refreshing these pages looking for a glimmer of hope from a never ending vortex of doom. My disbelief that MM hasn’t been pinched by now is bemusing to me!

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

It is just cash flow I think. And until a buyer is found.

Why do you keep on saying this is just cash flow (although you at least are now saying I think). Think again.  I haven’t checked but I doubt DCFC have made a profit in the last 13/14 years, unless of course we want to count a stadium revaluation which is not trading related. The Club is losing money all the time. It will carry on losing money for a long time after new owners come in (if, as we all hope, they do). The only way we can generate a positive cash flow is securing more income from our football activities than our underlying costs - pretty difficult in the Championship, worse still I am certain in League 1 - or if we have some wealthy benefactors prepared to inject surplus cash into the Club to satisfy the purposes of their investment.

There's a benefit to a prospective buyer who completes in January : no fire sale, extend contracts of valued youngsters and suddenly a squad valued at £10m top whack becomes potentially worth 4-5 times that.

I hope at least one of the interested parties is thinking creatively. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Some interesting stuff on Radio Derby tonight with Kieran Maguire (yes yes I know, but calm down). And I might have heard these things wrong so don’t take it as gospel 

-MSD Holdings essentially have £80mill security on their investment and only given the club £1.25mill so far, if the club got liquidated and there was a stadium designed for football and no football they would lose out because the value of the stadium would be less?

-Maguire mentioned the possibility that this might be the administrators saying ‘we want bids on the table or it’s time to walk away’ to the other potential investors. You’re either interested in sorting out the mess or not.

-Lots of ‘four dimensional chess’ being played by parties which we’ve known about for a long time.

-Still a long way to go and won’t be over until the fat lady sings

So not all positive, but essentially we are in the same boat as we’ve been for the last week, we are waiting for the administrators to name a preferred bidder which will be next week. Everything else for now is just fluff. 

Edit: Oh final bit, Dawes and Maguire both indicated that if Mel wanted to be true to his word that he should be willing to pay at least some of the debt owed. The simple fact of the matter is that wages/fees we couldnt afford have essentially been hidden within this debt. First time I think I’ve seen it suggested publically.

I agree 100% on this with Dawes and Maguire. Mel needs do the right thing.

The HMRC generates over £600bn a year, therefore I honestly think people are putting too much emphasis on 'they would rather have something than nothing'. 

£30m (0.005% of their annual intake, roughly). I don't think they would miss the money at all, especially when any kind of amendment is likely to cause huge repercussions, particularly legally. It would be extremely high profile too, so I just don't see them negotiating the sum of money owed, obviously payment terms can also be massaged (such is life) but what is owed is going to be owed. 

This is one of those situations that bugs me, because the liability is with the vehicle and not the driver who ran up the debt.   

8 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Not not at all you are not one of them