Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

54 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t know about this. The numbers suggest HMRC has the power to put us into liquidation. So surely they will agree some kind of haircut. And deferring payment doesn’t solve the problem because it reduces the purchase price. 
And the verbal deal with MM/MSD about the stadium price? Well the price will be decided by a valuer, and the cash I think goes to MSD then the club.
And the idea it is a problem only to have a verbal agreement with MSD is loopy. Quantuma is largely working for MSD in reality 

don’t think The Athletic are on top of this at all

To be honest the full article needs to be read.  Can’t put that on here though 

58 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t know about this. The numbers suggest HMRC has the power to put us into liquidation. So surely they will agree some kind of haircut. And deferring payment doesn’t solve the problem because it reduces the purchase price. 
And the verbal deal with MM/MSD about the stadium price? Well the price will be decided by a valuer, and the cash I think goes to MSD then the club.
And the idea it is a problem only to have a verbal agreement with MSD is loopy. Quantuma is largely working for MSD in reality 

don’t think The Athletic are on top of this at all

You are totally right. HMRC could ask for us to be liquidated tomorrow .. They won’t because they stand to get nothing if that happens. Their job is to get as much money for the taxpayer as they can. They need us sold so they can recover something 

Not trying to be a Nixon kind of character here by the way, just relaying something I had heard, whether it is true or not I have no idea.

Both the ex manager and player have been mentioned on here following my post.

I'm also not the sort of person who will pretend I was right, if I wasn't, I'll admit if I was talking BS.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not trying to be a Nixon kind of character here by the way, just relaying something I had heard, whether it is true or not I have no idea.

I'm also not the sort of person who will pretend I was right, if I wasn't, I'll admit if I was talking BS.

Worrying that you posted that just after Phil Brown and Claude Davis were mentioned…..?

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Bury did not go into liquidation. Bury were not paying their players , couldn't fulfil their fixtures, so were expelled by EFL.  They are due to resume competitive football in  2022/3.

I stand corrected, the HMRC placed a winding up order on Bury for £50k, it faikee as the club contested it was actually £2.5k.

If they are prepared to duck a small club over £50k, they are hardly going to do a deal with us are they?

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

I stand corrected, the HMRC placed a winding up order on Bury for £50k, it faikee as the club contested it was actually £2.5k.

If they are prepared to duck a small club over £50k, they are hardly going to do a deal with us are they?

Bury were not in adminstration. That's the point of a CVA.

50 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Without giving the game away, do the pairs surnames rhyme with Ram it Hard and Glory Hole?

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

We should and will pay the HMRC what we owe them. Payment terms will obviously be negotiated, but we shouldn't be allowed to spend money on transfers until that debt is settled. It goes without saying IMO. I don't want the prospective owners or administrators to try and shy away from paying, what is essence public money, because we've been ran by a clown. 

If we aren't viable with the HMRC debt then we aren't viable... unfortunately, it's got to be that cut and dry. People with money know what a viable deal for Derby County looks like and we just have to see if that's going to be the case.