Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

No need to apologise about the Debenhams jibe; found it rather amusing.

If you want me to look over that dissertation send it over to me. Two sets of eyes and all that. I suspect Pete will be at the Google again  - Pete have a look at Warnborough Ltd v Garmite Ltd, 5 November 2003 (Court of Appeal) ?  Fwiw I doubt very much that Morris’s lawyers would have entered into any loan agreement which did not provide for the mortgagee (MSD) to remove it’s rights to the stadium, back to the mortgagor (Gellaw), once the secured obligation had been completed.

There is obviously much we don’t know, and details of loan agreements and personal guarantee arrangements will not be in the public domain. I still think that Morris has some strength in cards he can play, both as the current registered owner of the stadium (Gellaw) and if he were to want to wade in and settle the secured debt. Hopefully though he will stand by his previous pledges that he will do what he needs to do to facilitate the transfer of the stadium to the club simultaneously with the purchase of the club. Personally, I really don’t trust him, and as an example it would not surprise me if his terms might not be different in relation to what he might do for the bidding group that includes Sam Rush. Anyway, that’s just my opinion, not to be considered or confused as fact.

Please don’t shout too loud about the Gellaw group and the Football club group being ‘joined at the hip’. Whilst there are many commercial elements to their relationship, not least the leasehold interest of the stadium, the groups were created and should be operating at a large arms length. Otherwise Morris will have, or would have had by now, the EFL and Gibson crawling all over the situation that all he did was an inter-group company transaction to create P&S headroom. 

I will stand down too on this too. Not out of mercy. You don’t need mercy, but I really can’t disagree that there is a great deal the two of us do not know about what is going on and we might both be wildly wrong.

Great win last night, and I have some new underwear on order. Hopefully we won’t be pants at Reading come Monday. Up the Rams.

Good man. You showed the same generosity of spirit when I made a foolish comment last year about MSD’s interest rates - you chose not to rub my nose in it when I was proven wrong.

I felt sure you’d be all over the ‘clog’ point, and indeed you were. I’d think administration of 202 would outflank that issue but more detail needed in particular about prepayment mechanics.

Arms’ length dealings ? - of course ! Must say one of the strangest aspects of all this for me is the basis on which the stadium lease rental was calculated and the relationship between that and the valuation. I’d imagine the old lease will be torn up and replaced by something sensible post-sale. 

I’ve got a few dissertations on these topics, the most directly relevant are on administrators’ duties compared to the old admin receiver role.  They’re not PhDs, only Masters, so obviously I can’t send them around. I’d be reluctant to send you my lecture notes because tbh they’re horribly out of date and I think they’d be torn to shreds 

And so to Reading. Actually still savouring the thrill of last night and am a bit manic today. I’d rather the whole football universe were frozen in aspic for eternity so we could hold the ecstasy and hope for ever. Had an away fan sitting next to me in the North Stand in 2005 or thereabouts (QPR maybe?). Dunno why he was there but there was affable banter. When we scored what was obviously the winning goal, he stopped cheering for his team. Instead he delivered a sermon at high volume to the surrounding Derby fans proclaiming that whatever the result, ‘it will all turn to $hit,  it always does for you lot’. It was very funny. But every time I get my football hopes up, I hear his booming voice. 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good man. You showed the same generosity of spirit when I made a foolish comment last year about MSD’s interest rates - you chose not to rub my nose in it when I was proven wrong.

I felt sure you’d be all over the ‘clog’ point, and indeed you were. I’d think administration of 202 would outflank that issue but more detail needed in particular about prepayment mechanics.

Arms’ length dealings ? - of course ! Must say one of the strangest aspects of all this for me is the basis on which the stadium lease rental was calculated and the relationship between that and the valuation. I’d imagine the old lease will be torn up and replaced by something sensible post-sale. 

I’ve got a few dissertations on these topics, the most directly relevant are on administrators’ duties compared to the old admin receiver role.  They’re not PhDs, only Masters, so obviously I can’t send them around. I’d be reluctant to send you my lecture notes because tbh they’re horribly out of date and I think they’d be torn to shreds 

And so to Reading. Actually still savouring the thrill of last night and am a bit manic today. I’d rather the whole football universe were frozen in aspic for eternity so we could hold the ecstasy and hope for ever. Had an away fan sitting next to me in the North Stand in 2005 or thereabouts (QPR maybe?). Dunno why he was there but there was affable banter. When we scored what was obviously the winning goal, he stopped cheering for his team. Instead he delivered a sermon at high volume to the surrounding Derby fans proclaiming that whatever the result, ‘it will all turn to $hit,  it always does for you lot’. It was very funny. But every time I get my football hopes up, I hear his booming voice. 

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

No need to apologise about the Debenhams jibe; found it rather amusing.

If you want me to look over that dissertation send it over to me. Two sets of eyes and all that. I suspect Pete will be at the Google again  - Pete have a look at Warnborough Ltd v Garmite Ltd, 5 November 2003 (Court of Appeal) ?  Fwiw I doubt very much that Morris’s lawyers would have entered into any loan agreement which did not provide for the mortgagee (MSD) to remove it’s rights to the stadium, back to the mortgagor (Gellaw), once the secured obligation had been completed.

There is obviously much we don’t know, and details of loan agreements and personal guarantee arrangements will not be in the public domain. I still think that Morris has some strength in cards he can play, both as the current registered owner of the stadium (Gellaw) and if he were to want to wade in and settle the secured debt. Hopefully though he will stand by his previous pledges that he will do what he needs to do to facilitate the transfer of the stadium to the club simultaneously with the purchase of the club. Personally, I really don’t trust him, and as an example it would not surprise me if his terms might not be different in relation to what he might do for the bidding group that includes Sam Rush. Anyway, that’s just my opinion, not to be considered or confused as fact.

Please don’t shout too loud about the Gellaw group and the Football club group being ‘joined at the hip’. Whilst there are many commercial elements to their relationship, not least the leasehold interest of the stadium, the groups were created and should be operating at a large arms length. Otherwise Morris will have, or would have had by now, the EFL and Gibson crawling all over the situation that all he did was an inter-group company transaction to create P&S headroom. 

I will stand down too on this too. Not out of mercy. You don’t need mercy, but I really can’t disagree that there is a great deal the two of us do not know about what is going on and we might both be wildly wrong.

Great win last night, and I have some new underwear on order. Hopefully we won’t be pants at Reading come Monday. Up the Rams.

I have been at the Google again. The pressing issue on this thread is who is the lady with the drumming fingers. 

After extensive research I have discovered that she is Brie Larsen. I found this after a lot of googling.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I have been at the Google again. The pressing issue on this thread is who is the lady with the drumming fingers. 

After extensive research I have discovered that she is Brie Larsen. I found this after a lot of googling.

That answer has more holes in it as Swiss Cheese

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

After extensive research I have discovered that she is Brie Larsen. I found this after a lot of ogling.

FTFY

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

She was drumming her fingers, are you sure? 

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not more cheese puns