Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

There`s a lot of guess work going on.

The Athletic stated only 3 days ago that it would be 15 in total and Percy then tweeted that it would be 21.

Percy is wrong far more than he is right. Plus he`s a Forest fan so like to stir it a little where we are concerned.

Lets see what happens at next weeks scheduled presser with the Administrators (Thursday I think?)

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is all guesswork - if we were expecting -12 and -9 why bother to appeal or negotiate?

I think the administrators were using the appeal as a bargaining chip. I did expect the bargaining chip to result in less points, but clearly the EFL are playing hard ball.

So, maybe the deal on the table from us is, let the new buyer spend in January and we drop the appeal and accept the penalty.

If its true Kirchner is the only bidder and is willing to buy us regardless then may as well take the hit and start a fresh.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the administrators were using the appeal as a bargaining chip. I did expect the bargaining chip to result in less points, but clearly the EFL are playing hard ball.

So, maybe the deal on the table from us is, let the new buyer spend in January and we drop the appeal and accept the penalty.

If its true Kirchner is the only bidder and is willing to buy us regardless then may as well take the hit and start a fresh.

Very true if we can buy. Daft bit from maguire on DL this morning, he states administration wanted to bundle the points deduction up as did the EFL. . That's daft because it is like me wanting a dog, the wife wanting a dog so we bought a cat. If both sides wanted that who and why has it been dropped

Granted my understand of all things football finance wise is limited, but on a pretty basic level although multiple potential buyers would suit the Administrators, if Kirchner isn't trying to outbid anyone and doesn't have to pay any more than the minimum that he needs to then that might be no bad thing in terms of keeping something in reserve to help the rebuild ?

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Screenshot_20211112-092540_Twitter.jpg

Well Kirchner himself had said on Twitter that he would still want to buy Derby even if they were relegated and that he was in it for the long term - which was brilliant news.

But why does Nixon feel justified in saying "That's official"?

What's "official"? Kirchner not being put off? The 21 points?

Edited by IslandExile

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Well Kirchner himself had said on Twitter that he would still want to buy Derby even if they were relegated and that he was in it for the long term - which was brilliant news.

Because it makes it look well sourced and correct, even if it is neither.

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Seems to me he has been getting his snippets of information from a source on the EFL side of things and now someone on the Derby side has confirmed the same thing.  21 points...

I think the Administrators attended the Neville Chamberlain school of negotiation.  Expect to see them waving a piece of paper with 21 points and certain relegation on it but a promise the EFL will let us make purchases in Jan, but details will be confirmed then...we can trust them though, Parry seems a top bloke after all.

20 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Seems to me he has been getting his snippets of information from a source on the EFL side of things and now someone on the Derby side has confirmed the same thing.  21 points...

I think the Administrators attended the Neville Chamberlain school of negotiation.  Expect to see them waving a piece of paper with 21 points and certain relegation on it but a promise the EFL will let us make purchases in Jan, but details will be confirmed then...we can trust them though, Parry seems a top bloke after all.

Far more likely that the EFL are threatening to contnue to punish us in future seasons if we don't accept the admin charge and a disproportionate points penalty for FFP.

Any new owner would want a fresh start and be able to manage without one hand (or more likely both hands) tied behind their back by an EFL 'business plan'. Suspect 21 points (if true aand I wouldn't trust a jouno to know the facts - or tell the truth if they did) is the least the EFL will accept to leave a new owner in peace and wipe the slate clean for future years....