Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

16 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

The "Agreed Decision" is just the document name basically in this link:

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/065e21d5596b42e7a882322d3a203509/efl-v-dcfc-agreed-decision-approved-for-publication-15-november-2021.pdf

The last 2 pages is the business plan we have to adhere to for the rest of the season, or we get the 3 points.

Not as bad as I first feared: it seems like we have an opportunity to sign the players already at the club to longer deals and protect the registrations of players we don't want to leave without breaking any rules. 

I am not surprised regarding not paying transfer or loan fees. I'm not sure why we would want to anyway? I guess it would be nice to bed in some players in prior to next season, but it's far from a necessity. I would look to move on any player who doesn't have a future here in January and sign the ones that do. We have a long list: Lawrence, Buchanan, Shinnie, Byrne, Baldock, Kazim-Richards, Roos, Morrison, Allsop, Stearman, Forsyth & Davies. Not to mention academy players such as Dylan Williams, etc. 

I would imagine Lawrence, Byrne, Buchanan and Shinnie leave as better offers will be on the table. The rest I can imagine will probably stick around if we want them too. If we can pocket some money and free the budget up for next season then it's probably worth it. I just hope an owner gets the opportunity to make that call rather than an administrator. 

Can someone answer this because I have no idea how it'll work.

The likes of Cashin, who at the minute won't count as a permitted player, if he starts 3 games does he then become a permitted player and therefore after, do we then have too many players and exceed the 25 limit?

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not as bad as I first feared: it seems like we have an opportunity to sign the players already at the club to longer deals and protect the registrations of players we don't want to leave without breaking any rules. 

I am not surprised regarding not paying transfer or loan fees. I'm not sure why we would want to anyway? I guess it would be nice to bed in some players in prior to next season, but it's far from a necessity. I would look to move on any player who doesn't have a future here in January and sign the ones that do. We have a long list: Lawrence, Buchanan, Shinnie, Byrne, Baldock, Kazim-Richards, Roos, Morrison, Allsop, Stearman, Forsyth & Davies. Not to mention academy players such as Dylan Williams, etc. 

I would imagine Lawrence, Byrne, Buchanan and Shinnie leave as better offers will be on the table. The rest I can imagine will probably stick around if we want them too. If we can pocket some money and free the budget up for next season then it's probably worth it. I just hope an owner gets the opportunity to make that call rather than an administrator. 

I cannot see them letting anyone go unless forced to by administrators ,  we basically cannot bring anyone in  so why would you let anyone go 

I vote that we screw with the league for the rest of the season.  We can’t of course guarantee positive results.  But say for instance Boro and Gibson or Bristol and mr ploppy have a six pointer coming up, we… ahem… have a poor game against whatever opposition they have…

We have both Bristol and Cardiff in the last few weeks, and given current standings and form wouldn’t it be upsetting if we lost to Cardiff on the last day and send Bristol down.

As Jim Royale would say “integrity of the league - my arse” ???

21 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

"The EFL's objective throughout this ongoing process has been to ensure that the principles of the regulations were upheld on behalf of all clubs," said EFL chief executive Trevor Birch.

What a load of Bolleaux

No ,      What a load of Boro' .........FTFY 

2 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

I vote that we screw with the league for the rest of the season.  We can’t of course guarantee positive results.  But say for instance Boro and Gibson or Bristol and mr ploppy have a six pointer coming up, we… ahem… have a poor game against whatever opposition they have…

We have both Bristol and Cardiff in the last few weeks, and given current standings and form wouldn’t it be upsetting if we lost to Cardiff on the last day and send Bristol down.

As Jim Royale would say “integrity of the league - my arse” ???

Correct - fundamentally, how does it help the integrity of the league to have one team with nothing to play for from mid-November?

Yes, we can play for pride, but we'll be hard pushed to keep that motivation up for 5 months. 

Just now, JG400 said:

I cannot see them letting anyone go unless forced to by administrators ,  we basically cannot bring anyone in  so why would you let anyone go 

Because this season is done for us. I honestly wouldn't care in the slightest if they started a raffle before the games for fans to have 90 minutes of Championship football for a laugh. 

The players have an opportunity to go elsewhere that are going to be out of contract anyway will bring in some money where they otherwise wouldn't. Although, I understand the academy lads are different as we receive compensation regardless of their contract status. Also, these lads have stuck around and played hard for the club despite all the nonsense that's been out of their hands. If they have an opportunity to get a long-term deal elsewhere that provides financial and professional stability then we have a duty of care to them. 

They could easily get injured playing in nothing games for us that could have a significant detrimental impact on their careers going forward. 

That statement is the biggest load of a*se-covering retrospective b*llshit I’ve ever read.

Talks about their dismissed charge on the stadium sale - of no relevance here at all  

Repeats their misunderstanding that we assigned a non-zero value at the end of a contract, which we never did.

Trumpets the fact that the panel agreed with the EFL charge that we used non-straight line amortisation - which we said we were doing, and numerous accountancy experts and bodies said was FRS102 compliant. If they wanted everyone to use one method, it was in their power to write that in the regs. 

Dismisses us being able to use the revaluation excess to mitigate losses. No reason given why.

Repeats rolling losses over three years. If we’d been charged on the first period, that loss would be wiped for subsequent periods (I think). If they’d said we’d overspent at the start, we would have made different transfer and commercial decisions to get back under the limit. 

If I read it correctly, we can’t impair player values in the same way Stoke has done to reduce losses. Why not?

Everything phrased by the EFL to say “we were right and justified in taking this action”, but no facts to back up that claim. 

Disgusting really. 

Hopefully they will move on to ruining something else now and leave us alone. 

So to be clear, Reading who have breached FFP to a higher degree than us will get the same 9 point deduction, but will not have had to put up with the same two years of embargos, denial of the COVID loan, repeated disciplinary processes, legal action from other clubs, being branded cheats in public with no ability to respond?

The EFL are a ducking joke. The process Derby have had to endure is so massively disproportionate to the breach that it's not even funny. Villa, QPR, Reading, Leicester, Bournemouth etc. None of them had to deal with even a fraction of the nonsense we have, and they all breached FFP to a greater degree.

duck the EFL, duck this season. Blood the kids, see which ones are ready for League One, as for the integrity of the competition? duck that as well. Don't care.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So to be clear, Reading who have breached FFP to a higher degree than us will get the same 9 point deduction, but will not have had to put up with the same two years of embargos, denial of the COVID loan, repeated disciplinary processes, legal action from other clubs, being branded cheats in public with no ability to respond?

The EFL are a ducking joke. The process Derby have had to endure is so massively disproportionate to the breach that it's not even funny. Villa, QPR, Reading, Leicester, Bournemouth etc. None of them had to deal with even a fraction of the nonsense we have, and they all breached FFP to a greater degree.

duck the EFL, duck this season. Blood the kids, see which ones are ready for League One, as for the integrity of the competition? duck that as well. Don't care.

Yeah but Derby BAD!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

The "Agreed Decision" is just the document name basically in this link:

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/065e21d5596b42e7a882322d3a203509/efl-v-dcfc-agreed-decision-approved-for-publication-15-november-2021.pdf

The last 2 pages is the business plan we have to adhere to for the rest of the season, or we get the 3 points.

So, if stick to the business plan we'll be relegated, but we don't stick to the business plan we'll still be relegated, but with a potentially better squad?

Is it me?

I suppose that's that then. 9 points for something undeserved and all but confirms we head to league 1. If this saga confirms anything is that once the EFL have decided you've done something wrong they will do everything they possibly can to make you bleed (as long as you are still under their jurisdiction). At least though it's done now and we can now actually start plotting our future.

From my point of view I think we should not only be thinking about league 1 next season but how do we recover long term and how do we go about our business going forwards. Because on the hand if we plan well I think we can bounce back pretty quickly but on the other hand if we don't we will be in for a long spell in league 1 and an even longer recovery. We need to essentially think about how we can use our time in league 1 to help develop us to a stronger place going forwards long term.

Personally I think one of the biggest mistakes we could make is selling off players to buy a raft of experienced league one pros in order to get a quick bounce back promotion. The problem with a plan like that it's by no means a guaranteed success as it requires players gelling and they won't be so much better than the league they are in to dig you out on raw quality, also even if you get promoted you are left with a squad that won't be properly equipped to take the club forwards from that point.

What I think is the best long term plan is essentially lean on the academy and then judiciously (but minimally) supplementing that core with signings. We have a lot of talent in the academy and by circumstance a lot of players who look they could be ready for first team action by leaning on these you already have a high degree squad cohesion, more talent than you would typically get from league 1 signings but most importantly a platform from which you can progress as a club. What I mean by this is the players will develop over time getting better with the club and can eventually fetch decent price tags helping fuel a further rise.

With that in mind I think we need to do a few things pretty quickly (besides the obvious of getting a new owner):

• I think you need to gauge how committed Rooney is to a long term plan that will involve at least one season in league 1, I think he's done enough to be given more time but if he's not 100% committed is best we part ways now.
  • Formulate a longer term plan of not only how do we get out of league 1 but how do we get from league 1 to the end goal of being an established premier league team.
  • Do everything we can to keep a hold of the academy talent (I'm including the likes of Bird, Knight, Sibley and Buchanan in this) and play a team mostly consisting of them week in, week out so they can develop. 
  • Any senior pro who wants to leave should be allowed to at the earliest possible moment and the only ones retained should be those who both really want to stay and understand that their game time for the rest of the season is secondary to overall squad development. Those with short term contracts should be allowed to have them run down, those who have high wages should be sold at the earliest opportunity.
  • Completely reassess how we go about scouting and signings
  • Assess gaps in the new look of the squad and begin to scout candidates for signings, if this can be done before January make them then but don't rush into anything just yet. 

It's imperative we use the rest of the season wisely in order to hit the ground running.

Can't believe what I have just read and the sanctions imposed against us. These parasites want to bury us, as our treatment compared to other clubs is completely disproportionate. The EFL have slowly destroyed my love for football over the past two years, and now we are almost certainly relegated to league 1 now. ?