Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am curious to know when the club gained a consensus from the fans that the club will start gambling with its future - was this through some sort of supporters poll?

I doubt very much as well that one of the voting options was to gamble on the clubs future through reckless spending either that the majority of supporters opted for.

I’ve heard a few fans say things like: why obsess about getting into the PL? If it happens it happens but being a stalwart Ch team is good enough not least because there’s not a single club in the division we can’t beat. 

Problem is, if you DO want to press to go up, the existing structure means you have to take risks. You’re blaming MM for pressing to go up. 

And bear in mind, the reckless spending would not have holed us below the waterline if the auditors had told MM: sorry old chap, this sculpting of your amortisation profile for FFP purposes doesn’t work 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Awful

one explanation is that the legal panel lined up to hear the appeal gave an initial view to both parties, to assist settlement. There was some press to this effect 

I don't see after all the lengthy wranglings and procrastinations getting hit with a 21 point deduction anything less than an absolutely catastrophic outcome.