Ditch the Rooney song

whaley bridge Ram

1 minute ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Time to ditch the horrible song about our leader . I think you all  no which one .replace it with he’s one of our own he deserves that the way he is conducting himself in these grim times 

re

I agree.  At Notts County, pre season, I was cringing.  The chants were in extremely poor taste and at least 3 different ones took up most of the second half.  At one point, I remember thinking that this sort of thing will push him away from the club and I wouldn’t have blamed him.  

25 minutes ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Time to ditch the horrible song about our leader . I think you all  no which one .replace it with he’s one of our own he deserves that the way he is conducting himself in these grim times 

re

But he isn't 'one of our own'.

Agree about not signing that song though

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The fact he's willing to stick with us and fight makes him one of our own. Lesser characters would have walked. So far, he hasn't. He's sticking by the fans and his squad when times are tough.

If that doesnt make him one of us I dont know what does.

He's adopted us as his own

He's adopted us as his oooooown

Wayne Rooney...

...he's not 'really' of our own but he's not ducked off in the face of severe adversity and he's slagged off the bloke we all currently very justifiably dislike more than anyone else in the whole world and as he's doing a great job this season that means any valid criticism of him last season was obviously completely wrong and even if he did possibly undermine our previous manager and seriously underperform as a player none of that matters now and if you bring it up you must hate Rooney and be a fully fledged member of the Mel Morris fan club because there's no such thing as the middle ground between agreeing with certain decisions which have been made by Mel made and backing him 100% in everything he does and I could probably go on but can't remember exactly what I've already written or would write if I was thinking clearly and hadn't drank a number of beers..

...he's one of our own. 

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's utter nonsense the one of our own malarkey imho.

This is professional sport and whereas some players are naturally more loyal because they are local, most move on because they're too good and want more money, or not good enough and the club doesn't need them.

Grealish still left a pretty big club in Villa because he wanted more from his JOB even though he'd been a Villa fan all his life.

Mason Bennett was one of our own until caught on camera saying ducking burn whilst driving past Pride Park.

If a player or member of staff is loyal to the club then he's one of our own.