Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Even if we 'hijacked' their bid, it's still up to the player where he goes. If he preferred Deby to Boro is Gibson going to sue Waghorn as well?!

Besides, when we entered the bidding Gibson could always have bid more to get his man. He obviously didn't want to pay as much as Derby did. His choice. No point still whining about it now and trying to liquidate Derby years later; all involved have moved on (owner, manager and player)

It’s all in the panel write up for Boro wanting to get added as an interested party to the stadium valuation case. Boro set out their case that our dealings gave us the the extra finance to outbid them on certain players. The players are named in the papers but redacted, but there’s surely limited possibilities of who it could be. 

1 minute ago, Boro5707 said:

I didn’t want Derby to go out of business. After seeing that video on Twitter about Steve Gibson dying. Lost all sympathy, hope Steve Gibson takes you to the cleaners. A lot of Boro fans will feel the same way.  

Dunno what video you're taking about mate but you shouldn't want the destruction of a club, or a community around a club, on the basis of one lunatic with internet access.

I've seen it, it's a crass song in poor taste, but Steve Gibson isn't going to be harmed by it. I used to sing very similar songs about another famous Tory who was trying to kill communities, Margaret Thatcher, in my miss-spent youth. I don't think she even noticed. 

Middlesbrough fans pretending that there wouldn't be a faction of their own support singing very similar songs if the roles were reversed are being disingenuous. I mean, I've seen posts on their forums wishing death on Rick Parry for docking them 3 points 25 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've seen it, it's a crass song in poor taste, but Steve Gibson isn't going to be harmed by it. I used to sing very similar songs about another famous Tory who was trying to kill communities, Margaret Thatcher, in my miss-spent youth. I don't think she even noticed. 

Middlesbrough fans pretending that there wouldn't be a faction of their own support singing very similar songs if the roles were reversed are being disingenuous. I mean, I've seen posts on their forums wishing death on Rick Parry for docking them 3 points 25 years ago. 

Indeed it’s unsavory and I don’t condone it, but Boro fans telling us their poo smells better doesn’t cut it.

image.gif.0de27ec7e66e30db5e5d2f1ef02459d7.gif

On the Waghorn thing, just had a quick look on transfermarkt and Waghorn scored 9 goals in the championship that season. This included a hat trick against Rotherham in a 6-1 win (no points gained there) and a goal v West Brom on last day in a 3-1 (no points gained there)

However his other goals did contribute directly to results. Scored in a 2-1 at Hull and scored both goals in the return game at  PP in a 2-0 win. He also scored in 1-1 draw at home to Bristol and in a 2-2 draw at Birmingham late in the season.

So he scored in 6 games over the entire season and “won” us 7 points. Not an amazing contribution. Who is to say Marriott or another player wouldn’t have won us those points had Waghorn not been there.

So many variables, Boro’s poor form, Mount missing 9 games in a row early 2019 coincided with a huge Derby dip we could’ve been well clear had that not happened . Can’t escape the fact Boro spent more on transfers and wages than we did (we had 9th highest wage budget that season), the claim is a complete nonsense 

Thought of another question to ask:-

Your main concern appeared to be around the valuation of Pride Park Stadium. Given that the valuation was prepared by an independent valuer and that an IDC dismissed the claim, should your claim also not have been dropped at this point? Furthermore you believe that the fair value should have been £22m, can you please explain your basis for this valuation and how it compares to the value of The Riverside Stadium in the Middlesbrough accounts.

Are any of the supporters bodies willing to take these questions to Steve Gibson? If not, is there a reason why? @Davidcould we as a forum try to engage with him or is it something you do not wish to get involved in?

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thought of another question to ask:-

Your main concern appeared to be around the valuation of Pride Park Stadium. Given that the valuation was prepared by an independent valuer and that an IDC dismissed the claim, should your claim also not have been dropped at this point? Furthermore you believe that the fair value should have been £22m, can you please explain your basis for this valuation and how it compares to the value of The Riverside Stadium in the Middlesbrough accounts.

Are any of the supporters bodies willing to take these questions to Steve Gibson? If not, is there a reason why? @Davidcould we as a forum try to engage with him or is it something you do not wish to get involved in?

Why don't you take it over to their forum? I'm sure there's plenty of fans who could try and answer for him - maybe the one who said they'd been taken into his confidence over how he worked out what to claim off us?

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why don't you take it over to their forum? I'm sure there's plenty of fans who could try and answer for him - maybe the one who said they'd been taken into his confidence over how he worked out what to claim off us?

Because its not for their forum to answer and I don't particularly wish to engage with them.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Because its not for their forum to answer and I don't particularly wish to engage with them.

And perhaps that's what Gibson will say too? You could perhaps change some of the thoughts of some of the Boro fans with your debating skills though.

PP opened 18th July 1997

construction cost £28 million

Valued 3 times since then by a New York company (name eludes me ) who are on the NY stock exchange top 100 at the time of the last valuation, not rocket science is it Gibson.

Edited by Kernow
Removed the MASSIVE blank space

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And perhaps that's what Gibson will say too? You could perhaps change some of the thoughts of some of the Boro fans with your debating skills though.

And if he does then it will show him in a bad light and maybe show he knows his case is weak.

I'm not trying to change anyone's thoughts, would just like to know the facts as I'm completely unsure what to believe.