Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

9 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

Off to the game tonight, think the atmosphere will be electric but couldn't seem to buy a parking space at the ground, anyone know if this will be pay at the gate too? I've emailed the club but not heard back 

Where else is good to park if not?

Cheers.

Plenty within 200 metres of ground. About 6-7 pound. 

That's it folks! The rain is no more!

I can confirm, the area is now bathed in glorious sunshine!

No more than a paltry 5% chance of perc... precipti... prepc... rain forecast for the remainder of the afternoon/evening. 
At a "Feels Like" of 9 deg C at kick off, it is positively shirt sleeve weather!*

Leave your jumpers for goalposts.  Order yourself a nice tall iced Bovril Latte.  Slip on those oh so comfy open-toed sandals (Be proud of only having five toes per foot!).  Wear the black, the white, those disgusting blues, the purples, the pinks (Yes... YOU!)... hey, wear whatever shirt you like, as long as it is Ram flavoured!

It's gonna be one hell of an evening, and we can all be a part of it, like one big happy Ramily. (Did you see what I did there?  I just made that up!  Hope it covers more ground than my "Shrambles" did.  That never caught on, now did it!  Grr!)

Where was I?  ... Oh yeah... See you there, folks!  Enjoy, and Up The Bloody Rams!  ?

*Take a light jacket, just in case!   

56 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

Off to the game tonight, think the atmosphere will be electric but couldn't seem to buy a parking space at the ground, anyone know if this will be pay at the gate too? I've emailed the club but not heard back 

Cheers.

I don't think you can buy the official car parking spaces on a match by match basis. As others have said, plenty of car parks on the run up to the ground along Riverside Road. 

21 hours ago, sage said:

Stoke attendance was 20,545. Reading will bring around 1000, and midweek games account for 500 less, add petrol issues and 20k would mean and extra 2 to 3k people. Wanted 5k but it's a start. Hopefully a win and easier ticket access will improve this over time.

I think the number of people who usually skip midweek games is bigger than 500.

1 hour ago, SparxTheRam said:

Cheers.

When i drove up from Sussex I would park in Albert Rd in Chad and walk over the bridge.

Now I live in Mickleover I just drive to the Intu, park there and walk down, gets the steps in.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think the number of people who usually skip midweek games is bigger than 500.

Loads of the people I know who are regulars aren't going for one reason or another. I have tried to get friends interested but had no take up at all. 

A38 and M1 is shut.

Will we even have a team to play? ?

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

Loads of the people I know who are regulars aren't going for one reason or another. I have tried to get friends interested but had no take up at all. 

A38 and M1 is shut.

Will we even have a team to play? ?

Roads look gridlocked routes into Derby. Anyone seen it?

Busier than normal through Pride Park (City Bound) at just after 4pm.  I turned by the stadium and diverted through Costco to come out at Pentagon.  Very busy again around there.  Got home to hear Sally Traffic on national BBC R2 mention something about A38 closed.  I think Mickleover/Staker Lane to Kingsway?
Muckerette reckons that's been on all afternoon?

Reading @angieram's post* above, assume everyone is diverting via A50 > A6 Alvaston?  

Not checked official traffic reports, as I'm only a 30min walk away.  Suggest anyone driving in has a check first?  

Best of luck folks... and keep one eye on that fuel gauge?!  

EDIT:

*...And others, who posted as I was typing.

Edited by Mucker1884