Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

12 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Well done @sage on this. If we get a crowd of 20k for a midweek game against Reading I think that's a really positive turnout. They barely bring any on a matchday in normal times, so a midweek, fuel shortage etc, I imagine numbers will be similar to pre-season Real Betis fans!

As an awareness raising campaign and something positive, I think it's been a great idea. I've not listened to/seen any local media so don't know if it's been picked up by them.

There was no way on earth you'd ever fill PPS for this fixture, even if the club was giving tickets away. If we got 20k for Stoke on a Saturday, local game and they sold out their end, and we equal or better that tonight, that's a great effort by Derby fans.  

I've been on Radio Derby plugging it, it's been mentioned on Twitter by Kieran Lee and the Punjabi Rams (that isn't a new band) with the latter declaring it their aim. The administrators have asked for an extra 5k in match tickets to be sold to help with costs and get a buyer. They have increased the ticket office hours after representation. 

Edited by sage

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm a bit of a saddo so here is the latest seat availability:

East Stand; 2084

North Stand: 3261

South Stand: 416

West Stand; 2373

Total available for sale: 8134

Does the disparity suggest Covid is still an issue for many supporters?

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Does the disparity suggest Covid is still an issue for many supporters?

I imagine that will have some bearing as the older supporters will no doubt be more cautious. Personally I also think we are at or around our hard core support level.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm a bit of a saddo so here is the latest seat availability:

East Stand; 2084

North Stand: 3261

South Stand: 416

West Stand; 2373

Total available for sale: 8134

So how does that equate to a crowd of only 20,000 then given that the ground capacity is over 32,000? If you subtract the 2,000 odd away section that still leaves nearly 22,000 sold. Reading will have sold a few and there will still be a few more today and on the night so surely the crowd will be 22,000 at least? 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

So how does that equate to a crowd of only 20,000 then given that the ground capacity is over 32,000? If you subtract the 2,000 odd away section that still leaves nearly 22,000 sold. Reading will have sold a few and there will still be a few more today and on the night so surely the crowd will be 22,000 at least? 

Because it assumes all season ticket holders attend so, whilst tickets sold (including ST's) may be 22,000, actual attendance will be lower. 

1 minute ago, Gerry Daly said:

I would agree it is. When did they stop including ST sales as attendees anyway?

I don't know if we have but, it would be good if the ground isn't half empty regardless of the fact that the official attendance suggested otherwise because it might include non attending ST holders.