Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is it worth me going a bit early, and maybe buying a shirt or summat... that's assuming they have any left in a regular adult size!  I'd go for the yellow keeper one, I reckon?

Does the dosh go to the club, or to that new-fangled agent shopkeeper company thing?  ?‍♂️

I'd be careful with that kind of purchase, you might find yourself pressganged into playing.

Hi All,

I should already know this - but just logged on to the website to try and book 2 tickets for the Swansea game (myself and youngest son).

Is there any way to get more than one ticket per Fan_id or will he need a Fan_id too?

I thought getting enough fuel was going to be the biggest issue this weekend! ?

Thanks, George

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jesus, they should have people flogging these door to door and in pubs like a book of raffle tickets the crap their in. 

Hello Darling, you look happy.

Yeah I won some sausages in the pub raffle.

But you don’t like sausages darling, and besides they seem to be out of date.

Yeah but the bloke after me won 90 minutes watching Derby play.

How You Doin Smile GIF by Star Now

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is it worth me going a bit early, and maybe buying a shirt or summat... that's assuming they have any left in a regular adult size!  I'd go for the yellow keeper one, I reckon?

Does the dosh go to the club, or to that new-fangled agent shopkeeper company thing?  ?‍♂️

Apparently, mwgastore is a franchise so only a small percentage goes to club (but better than nothing.) 

You'd do better to buy memberships, tickets and food and drink. All benefit the club directly.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Apparently, mwgastore is a franchise so only a small percentage goes to club (but better than nothing.) 

You'd do better to buy memberships, tickets and food and drink. All benefit the club directly.

Isn't the food and drink run on a similar (franchise) model, though?  Genuine question, mind.  

I can see why folk go for these memberships etc, but in a very selfish way, I still like to actually get something for my money.  Like a coffee (I don't drink booze at the match, generally), a shirt, a DCFC mug etc.

I have my season ticket.  I haven't been to an away game for 3 or 4 years now. A membership would be no different to me throwing a few quid in a Go Fund Me page, or a collection bucket.  Literally money for nothing.  I'd do that, of course, (donate) but it's not the same thing!

Extra tickets are no good (Other than yet another "charitable donation") if I know nobody who is interested in joining me... although the latter does occasionally happen, with the missus joining me for the odd big game (usually Fo*est, but didn't bother this season) and a few of us go when at home on Boxing Day.  I guess I'm waiting for more info on how best to donate a ticket to a stranger.  Knowing it's going to someone who wants one, and will actually use/enjoy it would be good enough for me to chip in with the odd ticket now and again.

I'd happily sift through the club shop, and walk out with a couple of hundred quids worth... if they had the right stuff in there to tempt me.  I do wonder how the shop income (now) compares to before, when the club took the money.  Let's face it, they wouldn't "make" £50 per shirt, so maybe the fee they get now is not much different to their previous "profit margins"?  I truly have no idea. 

I've sent an enquiry off re an exec. box, but heard nothing back since. There must be some profit in that for them, if it would otherwise be left empty?  

If and when it comes to it, I will make "charitable donations" to help save the club, but for now, I still want something for my money, I guess, even if it is what some might see as not being "value for money".  That bit, I don't mind!

?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Isn't the food and drink run on a similar (franchise) model, though?  Genuine question, mind.  

I can see why folk go for these memberships etc, but in a very selfish way, I still like to actually get something for my money.  Like a coffee (I don't drink booze at the match, generally), a shirt, a DCFC mug etc.

I have my season ticket.  I haven't been to an away game for 3 or 4 years now. A membership would be no different to me throwing a few quid in a Go Fund Me page, or a collection bucket.  Literally money for nothing.  I'd do that, of course, (donate) but it's not the same thing!

Extra tickets are no good (Other than yet another "charitable donation") if I know nobody who is interested in joining me... although the latter does occasionally happen, with the missus joining me for the odd big game (usually Fo*est, but didn't bother this season) and a few of us go when at home on Boxing Day.  I guess I'm waiting for more info on how best to donate a ticket to a stranger.  Knowing it's going to someone who wants one, and will actually use/enjoy it would be good enough for me to chip in with the odd ticket now and again.

I'd happily sift through the club shop, and walk out with a couple of hundred quids worth... if they had the right stuff in there to tempt me.  I do wonder how the shop income (now) compares to before, when the club took the money.  Let's face it, they wouldn't "make" £50 per shirt, so maybe the fee they get now is not much different to their previous "profit margins"?  I truly have no idea. 

I've sent an enquiry off re an exec. box, but heard nothing back since. There must be some profit in that for them, if it would otherwise be left empty?  

If and when it comes to it, I will make "charitable donations" to help save the club, but for now, I still want something for my money, I guess, even if it is what some might see as not being "value for money".  That bit, I don't mind!

?

With a membership, you get a keyring, scarf and access to live Academy games on RamsTV (sometimes). 

Not bad tangible benefits for £30.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

?

No, administrators specifically said food and drink goes to club through club dcfc. I got my season ticket refund from their account last year! 

Matchday hospitality is a good option, but a bit beyond my budget.

Can't really help if you want something for your money on the membership front. You do in theory get a membership pack, but mine hasn't turned up.  

Just go for the gifting a ticket option when it is sorted then at least someone gets the benefit. Well done.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can't really help if you want something for your money on the membership front. You do in theory get a membership pack, but mine hasn't turned up.  

Just go for the gifting a ticket option when it is sorted then at least someone gets the benefit. Well done.

A black knitted scarf, a Rams DNA sticker, a 'plastic' Ram keyring and a membership card. Oh in a cardboard box, which looked more expensive than the bits ? only mine was squashed by the couriers! #COYR But I get to watch the U23s and buy away tickets. Plus enter competitions (?) and some other bits.

Edited by RoyMac5

OK, so I’m officially confused, being dumb and concerned all at the same time.

This is what I think I have heard or read:

Total home seats amount to about 28,000.

We have sold 16,000 season tickets.

Availability on the website doesn’t include season tickets.

That mean, unless I’m wrong (quite likely), there are c12,000 (28000 - 16000)seats available to non ST holders and according to the website, this time yesterday, there were about 9,000 still available. Meaning we hold sold c3,000.

According to Ed Dawes, this time yesterday, the club had only processed 10,800 of which 3,000 must be non ST holders. This would mean only about half of ST holders had reserved their seats. I know some won’t/can’t attend, some still don’t realise you need to reserve and some will leave it late (but for the life of me I can’t understand why) but it still feels like a very high proportion of ST holders who have paid but still not reserved.

Please tell me I must have this wrong and made some monumental errors in my calculations.