Ravel Morrison

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

There is an article about him in The Sunday Times today.

‘My mum gave up half her life for me, so if I give up, I’ll have let her down’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a2176f1a-0817-11ec-9bf4-46b41c0cb5c4?shareToken=bdd966caa14db2f96da5cbf68a4ee91b

good article. Like the sound of Ravel, who i didn't really know much about but there were some very interesting snippets in there.

He needs a song to show that we appreciate him....

Hopefully some of our younger players learn from watching him play. As someone said elsewhere, a player like Sibley is currently limited by the fact he needs space to look dangerous, and he doesn't get that at Championship level now he's a know quantity. Morrison on the other hand always seems to have time, he makes it with his positioning and first touch and then makes quick decisions about what to do next. It's a mark of real class and rare (maybe Will Hughes has something similar). Maybe it can be taught/learned, maybe not, but I'm glad he's around.

I like him. He has a certain quality about him. He can just make a slight move and he makes space for himself. If I have one criticism of him there were a couple of times he should have made a pass rather than trying to go through the centre of the defence. However maybe in a month he’ll be able to waltz through the centre no problem.

He’s obviously incredibly talented but needs to improve his decision making because it let us down on a few occasions against Forest. He just needs to make his mind up quicker sometimes. I think him and Lawrence could form a real partnership up top based on what we saw yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

He’s obviously incredibly talented but needs to improve his decision making because it let us down on a few occasions against Forest. He just needs to make his mind up quicker sometimes. I think him and Lawrence could form a real partnership up top based on what we saw yesterday. 

The thing is that he has spent stretches not really playing... if he is this capable basically coming in midway through pre season like that, he is going to thrive providing we keep the positivity up.

I have met plenty of people who didn't have the easiest upbringings and made mistakes in their early lives... Ravel is unlucky he was in the spotlight the whole time.

If it clicks this time and the ST article above is right, then I think he will be great for us.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You're right - let's just get our own Manolo Bombero to pound a big bass drum and shout "Ravel-o" at random intervals....??

Manolo, el del bombo (Him with the base drum). He's got a bar right next to Mestalla (or he did have, I seen to recall that he was being forced to close due to losses during Covid)

10D37F24-B98E-4572-9631-033CA20D33F5.jpeg

32 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

You're right.  He gets in some great positions, seems to effortlessly find space (aka Bielik) but at times he misses the obvious or killer pass when trying to do it on his own. Maybe he's trying to prove something? If he'd played Byrne in yesterday we may well have scored. Instead, 2 minutes later, having lost possession, Florest scored. 

That said, given game time I believe he'll be great for us.  Rooney believes in him and I have no doubt where he's made the wrong decision, Wazza will have a quiet word in his shell-like.  

• 3 months later...