Ravel Morrison

RoyMac5

Felt sorry for him when he kicked the ball out for a boro "injury" crowd went mad and you could see he was a bit pissed off by it. However the next time he had the ball he played a simple 10 yard pass to Byrne and the pass was greeted like the greatest pass the crowd had ever seen. The fans know he needs support and encouragement and it was epitomised by that 2 minute passage of play.

Also his no look pass to sibley in the first half was superb.

Absolute quality player.

My only gripe with him is the number of times he finds him in acres of space but doesnt then attack the space infront of him with any purpose. When he does he looks quality, like in the play upto Birds chance, would like to see it more from him.

Jagielka was the same yesterday too, absolute quality but when he had space infront he didnt advance into he opted to pass to someone instead.

34 minutes ago, KBB said:

Felt sorry for him when he kicked the ball out for a boro "injury" crowd went mad and you could see he was a bit pissed off by it. However the next time he had the ball he played a simple 10 yard pass to Byrne and the pass was greeted like the greatest pass the crowd had ever seen. The fans know he needs support and encouragement and it was epitomised by that 2 minute passage of play.

Also his no look pass to sibley in the first half was superb.

That number 7 though needs to have a look at himself. If you lie down unmoving (like that) and then spring up an sprint 50 yards 30s later and then next time one of his team mates could do something similar and is PROPERLY hurt, then Ravell or another of our players could be justified in ignoring that prone player assuming he’s a cheating barsteward.

He was a gamble that not many sides would have taken. We didn't really have too much choice.

I hope he comes good and I'm glad he has started his career well with us. But if he stays fit and features in every game, then before the end of January, we'll become the club he has appeared for the most in his career. He's 28 years old.

I still have some concerns, for example a few days before he signed, posting a story and unfollowing the Club on social media etc. It sounds minor, but I would be worried that he might still fly off the handle like he has with other teams, because we really can't afford any player to do that this season.

However I'll judge him on his performances and conduct for Derby only, and it's so far so good, so right now I'm glad we have a player with the quality of Ravel Morrison.

7 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

That number 7 though needs to have a look at himself. If you lie down unmoving (like that) and then spring up an sprint 50 yards 30s later and then next time one of his team mates could do something similar and is PROPERLY hurt, then Ravell or another of our players could be justified in ignoring that prone player assuming he’s a cheating barsteward.

I loved the way Boro refused to play on while Jagielka was treated for the cut to his head that their player inflicted.... oh, hang on, they didn't, did they? 

I wish the players would just play to the referee's whistle. It's his job to stop play for serious injuries, not theirs. 

17 hours ago, Kernow said:

He was a gamble that not many sides would have taken. We didn't really have too much choice.

I hope he comes good and I'm glad he has started his career well with us. But if he stays fit and features in every game, then before the end of January, we'll become the club he has appeared for the most in his career. He's 28 years old.

I still have some concerns, for example a few days before he signed, posting a story and unfollowing the Club on social media etc. It sounds minor, but I would be worried that he might still fly off the handle like he has with other teams, because we really can't afford any player to do that this season.

However I'll judge him on his performances and conduct for Derby only, and it's so far so good, so right now I'm glad we have a player with the quality of Ravel Morrison.

I am simply going to believe that Wayne and Ravel get on well and that Ravel will enjoy being a fans favourite whilst enjoying his football.

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

I loved the way Boro refused to play on while Jagielka was treated for the cut to his head that their player inflicted.... oh, hang on, they didn't, did they? 

I wish the players would just play to the referee's whistle. It's his job to stop play for serious injuries, not theirs. 

I totally agree. He shouldn’t have kicked the ball out. Their player was clearly not injured. There was more chance of me getting hurt in my apoplectic rage. Hate stuff like that - it is cheating. Feigning injury and pretending you are dead is just embarrassing and should be a yellow card in my book. 

26 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I totally agree. He shouldn’t have kicked the ball out. Their player was clearly not injured. There was more chance of me getting hurt in my apoplectic rage. Hate stuff like that - it is cheating. Feigning injury and pretending you are dead is just embarrassing and should be a yellow card in my book. 

Can't blame players for erring on the side of player safety. The ref should had dealt with the situation more clearly, if he thought the player wasn't hurt book him for time-wasting.