Embargo.

simmoram1995

9 points kills us. I’m going to see what the accounts fall out at, because the way I’ve read it - we are still being punished for amortisation and we have to restate the accounts.

A 9 (+3) point deduction, IF our accounts prove to within P&S, is absolute baalocks. If we’ve broken P&S then just take the point deduction. We have supposedly republished our accounts, it would be nice to see what the result is… I really don’t care at this point. I just want to see the numbers.

Just now, Ambitious said:

9 points kills us. I’m going to see what the accounts fall out at, because the way I’ve read it - we are still being punished for amortisation and we have to restate the accounts.

A 9 (+3) point deduction, IF our accounts prove to within P&S, is absolute baalocks. If we’ve broken P&S then just take the point deduction. We have supposedly republished our accounts, it would be nice to see what the result is… I really don’t care at this point. I just want to see the numbers.

Saying on SKY that a deal with the EFL is close…….

Can't wait to see what's officially said.  I honestly can't believe if we've breached due to adjusting the amortisation the EFL accepted for 3 years that we'd accept that.  Unless Mel has something in writing from a buyer saying accept whatever penalty you get and the deal's done. He wouldn't would he .......?

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why should we ever accept such a thing when we contend we have done nothing wrong?

This has been said a hundred times on this and other threads. Here’s the thing. If we were sure of our accounting ground, we would file the final accounts with companies house, we would file our P&S statements with the EFL and we would say: these are compliant, you can have no complaint 

We have not done that. So is it not clear that we are in a grey area (yet another one), and that we are not completely sure of our ground ??

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If (and it's a very big if) the rumours of a 9 points plus 3 more suspended are true, then it makes no sense. "Negotiating" such a high punishment means the EFL know they're on dodgy ground and cannot simply impose it. Why should we ever accept such a thing when we contend we have done nothing wrong?

The only reason I can think of, is that the decision is from Mel's potential buyers, who want a line drawn and the thing over and done with. Maybe they think, come January, they can buy their way out of trouble. But if that is the case, Mel needs to be a hell of a lot more confident in his buyers than the recent Sheik or Spanish boxer fiascos. And I'm not currently sufficiently confident in Mel that he's done sufficient (or any) due diligence.

That is not my understanding. The potential new buyer has proven his worth submitting a Northern Rock bank statement, and his ID has been cross-checked against his Blockbuster Video card.

Sky sports reporting what Daily mail are saying - could be all a nonsense 

if we agree to any point deduction then we are in bigger trouble because we can’t score many goals and those folks thinking we will be ok when Belick is back are delusional because we will be selling him at the first opportunity especially with a half decent offer for a bloke with 2 knee ligament injuries on big wages. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just out of interest. Does anyone know what free transfers are out there?

Just trying to think of who we could potentially bring in that might make a difference.

Only 2 I can think of is Robbie Brady and Andy Carroll 

Charlie George would stand more chance of scoring than most of our squad and he's 70.