Embargo.

simmoram1995

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

It's the Daily Fail, so pinch of salt taken.

I'd much prefer something a little less punitive, but tbh I'm getting to the point where it just needs resolving. The longer it takes the less likely a takeover is.

Not very good at negotiating if we have agreed what they originally wanted a coule of weeks ago

What are these alleged points deductions actually for, does anyone know? Is it going to remain a secret? I don’t really understand. 9 points would relegate us unfortunately, in my opinion. How could we get more than Wednesday who deliberately put the sale of their stadium in the wrong year and thus failed FFP. Maybe we have failed FFP. Maybe they are holding our chief scouts hostage and we think 9’points is worth paying to release them. Who knows. Another reason to make god only knows our new club anthem.

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It's the Daily Fail, so pinch of salt taken.

I'd much prefer something a little less punitive, but tbh I'm getting to the point where it just needs resolving. The longer it takes the less likely a takeover is.

Well if this is true we can kiss goodbye to finishing 2nd in the league.

We want to know if the punishment fits the crime, but as has been said before, if there is a textbook, quantifiable breach of the rules, why have negotiations over a penalty, which should be fixed and in relation to that breach of the rules, be necessary??

If it allows a takeover and a stellar window in January, we may have to accept it.

Edited by hintonsboots

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

What are these alleged points deductions actually for, does anyone know? Is it going to remain a secret? I don’t really understand. 9 points would relegate us unfortunately, in my opinion. How could we get more than Wednesday who deliberately put the sale of their stadium in the wrong year and thus failed FFP. Maybe we have failed FFP. Maybe they are holding our chief scouts hostage and we think 9’points is worth paying to release them. Who knows. Another reason to make god only knows our new club anthem.

For selling 57 million quid's worth of players in 5 years in an attempt to break the rules, while Bournemouth with an average attendance of about 9,000 can have 20 million pound players and a wage bill of 70 million a season.  

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

We want to no if the punishment fits the crime, but as has been said before, if there is a textbook, quantifiable breach of the rules, why have negotiations over a penalty, which should be fixed and in relation to that breach of the rules, be necessary??

If it allows a takeover and a stellar window in January, we may have to accept it.

Are you confident that a takeover , even if it could happen in time, would lead to a "stellar window"?

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not very good at negotiating if we have agreed what they originally wanted a coule of weeks ago

It’s easy to be critical of the clubs negotiation but, unless I’ve missed it, none of us really know what the EFL originally wanted, what their staring point was or how strong we feel our argument was.