Embargo.

simmoram1995

4 minutes ago, enachops said:

We were closer to the brink in 84. 

I disagree, we had no cash at all in 2003, and no functioning bank account, also the ground was sold to a very sketchy Panamanian company. the 3 amigos between them could nt afford a bag of chips.

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I disagree, we had no cash at all in 2003, and no functioning bank account, also the ground was sold to a very sketchy Panamanian company. the 3 amigos between them could nt afford a bag of chips.

We weren’t in the High Court with winding up orders, literally minutes from going under though were we?

I don’t think we’ll get to that stage under Morris, but the football side of things has never been so negatively affected by the incompetency of the owners as it is now. 

Edited by enachops

2 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It is true my sentiments are with Mel and the hysterical criticism he receives, most of which is hearsay, speculation and conjecture. A high percentage of the comments on here are crass and many time vulgar, given the amount of money he has pumped into the club I believe it is my duty to counter silly  comments about him and the club. Remember even Peter Sutcliffe had a defence team and all Mel has done is fund the club for many years, I also remember what was done and said to Lionel and how angry I was at his treatment by the fans.

Finally, I would say that about the mascot there is something not quite right about a man dressed as a sheep playing with children.

The problem with your posts are that you apply one set of rules to rebuke criticism against Morris then you apply the same set of rules yourself in your replies so it comes across as being double standards or hypocritical - you pulled the OP for their use of the word copious as being overstated yet you use the word hysterical yourself in your reply which is equally if not more inappropriate. 

You go onto say a high percentage of comments on here are crass and vulgar which is a totally subjective, baseless comment but you're happy to pull people up about posting the same comments. 

It's as though you're acting as Mel personal PR team from across the Atlantic, it's unwarranted and unnecessary and it's impossible to defend the indefensible. 

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

Seems as if we can't at the minute, never mind we still have the ground,   oh wait......

Mel owns the ground as well as the club and although there is a mortgage on the ground Mel is responsible for paying that and it looks like he has given a personal guarantee to the lender, which is probably why a takeover is being held up.

58 minutes ago, jono said:

I didn’t see your rant so can’t comment but comparing Mel to the Crooks that Maxwell and the 3 amigos were, is probably the most stupid, rude, insulting, ill informed comment I think I have ever seen on this forum. 

Really ? Think about what you said there, it’s shameful. 

What crooked dealings did Maxwell undertake at the club? He was very supportive of the team until he lost interest. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The problem with your posts are that you apply one set of rules to rebuke criticism against Morris then you apply the same set of rules yourself in your replies so it comes across as being double standards or hypocritical - you pulled the OP for their use of the word copious as being overstated yet you use the word hysterical yourself in your reply which is equally if not more inappropriate. 

You go onto say a high percentage of comments on here are crass and vulgar which is a totally subjective, baseless comment but you're happy to pull people up about posting the same comments. 

It's as though you're acting as Mel personal PR team from across the Atlantic, it's unwarranted and unnecessary and it's impossible to defend the indefensible. 

That is your opinion I have my strongly held views which are based on an objective assessment of the current situation, your views in my opinion just appear to be a pile on Mel Morris, I also observe in my opinion that since Wayne Rooney is doing much better you have stopped your ongoing campaign against him, just an observation.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Mel owns the ground as well as the club and although there is a mortgage on the ground Mel is responsible for paying that and it looks like he has given a personal guarantee to the lender, which is probably why a takeover is being held up.

Much the same as MM is responsible for paying outstanding transfer monies

What crooked dealings did Maxwell undertake at the club? He was very supportive of the team until he lost interest. 

He used the pension funds of his various companies to fund his business, I think that qualifies as crooked

32 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The Nadir for the club was 2003 when it went into receivership because the Co-Op bank pulled the plug, and was purchased by the Amigos for £3, we were close to extinction then that is not happening now 

Nope. The nadir for the club was the day it was announced that Alonso was to become the owner 

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

That is your opinion I have my strongly held views which are based on an objective assessment of the current situation, your views in my opinion just appear to be a pile on Mel Morris, I also observe in my opinion that since Wayne Rooney is doing much better you have stopped your ongoing campaign against him, just an observation.

You back it up with nothing though - then you're quick to jump on other posters views as being baseless.

Can't you see how you're undermining your own arguments if that's the right word? Obviously not. It gives you zero credence other than other posters think you're trying to irrationality defend Morris for whatever agenda you have. 

If he was found guilty of murder you'd still claim it was someone else's fault. It's ludicrous.

1 hour ago, enachops said:

We weren’t under all of these restrictions under those regimes.  Not saying they were shameful individuals, but the Maxwells saved the club and under their stewardship got the club to 5th. I honestly don’t think we’ve ever been as bad as this since 84. Statement stands. 

This is almost on a par with "at least Hitler made the trains run on time". 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You back it up with nothing though - then you're quick to jump on other posters views as being baseless.

Can't you see how you're undermining your own arguments if that's the right word? Obviously not. It gives you zero credence other than other posters think you're trying to irrationality defend Morris for whatever agenda you have. 

If he was found guilty of murder you'd still claim it was someone else's fault. It's ludicrous.

If I cared what other posters thought I would not post anything on here, but when I see a witch hunt I feel the need to defend what I see as injustice.

I do not seek or want peer approval, I am not that insecure

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

If I cared what other posters thought I would not post anything on here, but when I see a witch hunt I feel the need to defend what I see as injustice.

I do not seek or want peer approval, I am not that insecure

It's only a witch hunt in your mind. 

I can't add anymore to that, have tried to be constructive. If you think Mel Morris has made no mistakes or he's leaving the club in a better place than when he found it then there's no getting through to you.