v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

As mentioned on the Huddersfield thread I missed the game down to Our son being born. I’m glad to say he’s home well and healthy! This will be his first game he will be watching along a lifetime of fun and pain that is the normal of following Derby County. 

Also had my Father purchase a Derby County baby grow just before my Mrs tried to slip any Villa stuff on him (The same was applied with my other lad) ?

Ps thank you for all the messages and well wishes on here ???

14 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

My lads first game in 18 months (we were on holiday for Huddersfield) and he's absolutely buzzing ! 8 years old and not a care in the world about anything going on at the club , he knows Derby "weren't as good as they were " he just wants to get back to his roast potatoes . 

I think you better prepare him for disappointment- maybe buy him some chips on the way down to the ground? 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Oh no ! He's only just got over Waggy leaving ! This may send him over the edge ! 

Well, it might just be temporary, but there hasn't been a full menu at the games I have been to this season. 

Plenty of soft drinks, hot drinks, beer, chocolate, pies, I think. Can't see it changing for tomorrow with the small crowd but maybe fuller catering will come back soon like the ticketing stuff.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

People saying ridiculous stuff like "penalties is just a lottery" is why England haven't won a tournament since 1966. @Ellafellaspot on with his analysis. In the Euro final England had much the better players but didn't use them and didn't respond appropriately to Italy's tactical changes. A failure of coaching that we hope Rooney doesn't repeat, but I'd suggest the signs aren't good. 

whilst i agree with you about Rooney, the rest no. 

We had good control of the game especially 1st half using a cautious approach. It's tournament football, you can very rarely afford to go a goal down.  

As for us having much better players, so you saying Pickford is better than Donnarumma?, Stones & Maguire better than Chiellini & Bonucci?, Shaw better than Spinazzola?, Sterling better than Chiesa?, Rice better than Jorginho ?. I could list a few more. Your mistaken if you think we had more superior players. 

47 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

My lads first game in 18 months (we were on holiday for Huddersfield) and he's absolutely buzzing ! 8 years old and not a care in the world about anything going on at the club , he knows Derby "weren't as good as they were " he just wants to get back to his roast potatoes . 

They dont sell them mate just pies or hot dogs when I was after a burger.

A game we can win for sure even if it's switched around from the weekend..we haven't yet got the luxury of playing the same team weekends and midweek, not until we are allowed to bring a few more in..but I'm certainly still expecting us to progress.

48 minutes ago, Yani P said:

A game we can win for sure even if it's switched around from the weekend..we haven't yet got the luxury of playing the same team weekends and midweek, not until we are allowed to bring a few more in..but I'm certainly still expecting us to progress.

For a cup game looks like going to be biggish crowd for it.

Anyone else getting this when trying to buy a ticket for tonight..

Error

Payment process was not completed. Click here to try again

Error occurred trying to collect payment. The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.

53 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Anyone else getting this when trying to buy a ticket for tonight..

Error

Payment process was not completed. Click here to try again

Error occurred trying to collect payment. The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.

Sorted….. ??

Allsop - McDonald Stearman Forsyth Williams - Hutchinson Bird - Sibley Morrison Ebosele - Lawrence

Roos, Byrne, Davies, Shinnie, Jozwiak, Watson, Stretton

So, Williams is a scholar so wont count to the 23 so likely to start with Buchanan potentially back for the weekend. Rooney already confirmed Allsop & Morrison will start and after his comments after the game it would make no sense for him then to play Ebosele at RB. Davies probably wont be risked & I cant see Lawrence not playing with him being captain so maybe play as a 'false 9' to preserve CKR for Saturday knowing Stretton can come off the bench at some point tonight.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Allsop - McDonald Stearman Forsyth Williams - Hutchinson Bird - Sibley Morrison Ebosele - Lawrence

So, Williams is a scholar so wont count to the 23 so likely to start with Buchanan potentially back for the weekend. Rooney already confirmed Allsop & Morrison will start and after his comments after the game it would make no sense for him then to play Ebosele at RB. Davies probably wont be risked & I cant see Lawrence not playing with him being captain so maybe play as a 'false 9' to preserve CKR for Saturday knowing Stretton can come off the bench at some point tonight.

I think that's more or less what we will go for with perhaps Stretton starting up front and possibly the midfield configuration being slightly different.

As much as people might want a cup run, we don't have the squad for it and there are a couple players who if they get injured we could quickly be in deep trouble.  

See EFL rules below for this Mickey Mouse competition regarding the fielding of a "full strength squad" my interpretation is that the EFL could/will  take action if, in their "opinion" the team we field tonight has a number of youngsters, scholars or fringe players in it so rendering it not a full strength squad. I know I got hammered for suggesting that the EFL was guilty of the Rams being able to only field weakened sides thus breaking their own rules, but if I was the club decision maker I would discover a case of Covid and self isolate the entire squad as per their rules 5.1 - 5.4.

6.5  Each Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Cup Competition matches, unless some satisfactory reason is given. The Board will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Management Committee shall have power to impose such penalties as they shall think fit. The provisions governing disciplinary matters in relation to the Competition are contained in Rule 24.

Guidance 

Clubs must ensure that they comply with Rule 6.5 and play its full available strength in Cup Competition matches. However, where it is necessary for a Club to rely on its full squad of registered Players in order to fulfil a fixture due to the circumstances described in Rules 5.1 – 5.4 then that Club shall be deemed to have fulfilled the “full available strength” requirements. 

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think that's more or less what we will go for with perhaps Stretton starting up front and possibly the midfield configuration being slightly different.

As much as people might want a cup run, we don't have the squad for it and there are a couple players who if they get injured we could quickly be in deep trouble.  

Isn't McDonald still injured? I'd expect Festy at RB.
Stretton only just coming back from injury so I wouldn't want us to risk him so soon - maybe 20 mins at the end.

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I think I have a right, as everybody does, to call out a covert accusation which is clearly incorrect and unfounded. It’s not about “arguing” @RoyMac5, it’s about debating and not using insinuation and then disappearing. If I’m covertly accused of something I have a right of reply. It’s call democracy and freedom, if that doesn’t sound too pompous. 

It does.