v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The line is up very much "I can't afford injuries to certain players" the only exception is Morrison who needs game time. I suspect Jozwiak is only in either because we literally can't change all the senior players out/we expect somebody out wide coming/Rooney feels we have a little more cover wide.

I think the best thing might be to start in a 433 with those personal but it's doubtful that's what we do.

Interesting to see how some of the young lads get on.

Jozwiak, Watson and Forsyth the only starters to have also started vs Huddersfield.

Forsyth starts as we can't risk Davies or Stearman. Jozwiak and Watson got the least game time on Saturday

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Jozwiak, Watson and Forsyth the only starters to have also started vs Huddersfield.

Forsyth starts as we can't risk Davies or Stearman. Jozwiak and Watson got the least game time on Saturday

All makes sense. Also they are players whose positions are a bit better covered. With Forsyth at Lb there's Buchanan soon back and Williams and then Davies and Steadman for CB. With Jozwiak and Watson we can likely just about cover them if one is out for a few games (and in Watson's case he was likely to lose his place any way).

41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do I have to take a trip abroad to watch this on my laptop?

32 minutes ago, Rev said:

Have you got family or friends who'll share their Sky login? That would be easiest.

I have a dilemma now as to whether to let the young whippersnapper have a login to my sky go! 

hmm. Maybe if he proves his worthiness via a challenge. Maybe a blindfolded pin the tail challenge… ? 

oh I’ve got it, if you can show me where the eye is on the Ram crest, I’ll PM you a log in. NO CHEATING. 

Wondering whether it might not be a 433 with Morrison sat central. It's a mega-attacking line up, that's for sure. Is Wayne's 'new style' gung-ho, all out attack? Can't say I'd object! 

Otherwise, be interesting to see how the front 3 get on. Hoping Ravel will look to repay the faith too. Sibbo gets a start too, so let's hope he goes well tonight as he may need to if he's to remain in WR's plans. 

Allsop

Festy   JBrown   Forsyth   Williams

Hutchinson   Morrison   Watson

Jozwiak   Stretton   Sibley

Jordan brown in centre back ahead of cashin must be because he played against Crawley?

Rooney said after the game on Saturday that cashin and Thompson were on the bench but he wouldn’t have used them as if he did they would have qualified as an extra player towards his limit.

Must be hard being told “sorry, we want to buy someone and if we play you then we can’t so we’ll have to leave you out”.

Edited by Malty

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wondering whether it might not be a 433 with Morrison sat central. It's a mega-attacking line up, that's for sure. Is Wayne's 'new style' gung-ho, all out attack? Can't say I'd object! 

Otherwise, be interesting to see how the front 3 get on. Hoping Ravel will look to repay the faith too. Sibbo gets a start too, so let's hope he goes well tonight as he may need to if he's to remain in WR's plans. 

Allsop

Festy   JBrown   Forsyth   Williams

Hutchinson   Morrison   Watson

Jozwiak   Stretton   Sibley

My guess is if it's a 433 Hutchinson and Morrison would swap around. Given that I think DM is Hutchinson's primary position (could be wrong on that though.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

Weaker side than I expected, in more ways than one. Not such strength or height.

It is but there is a lot of technical ability out there especially in the middle and it's an attacking line up. 

Honestly I feel it's pretty hard to call in terms of results and we could easily could undone by being run over physically. However it's a line up where if the young lads get into the game and feel confident, perhaps snatching a goal, I can weirdly see a dominating performance coming about.