v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

Just now, i-Ram said:

We won’t win. Thread starting protocol not being followed. I blame @Davidfor not getting this going. I am half a mind to sign up to Twitter so I can tell him anonymously what I really think of him, but I would surely find the 280 character limit somewhat restricting.

Is there some kind of etiquette I am not following? Did I need to do a masonic handshake prior? 

Apologies if I've rustled any feathers.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

We won’t win. Thread starting protocol not being followed. I blame @Davidfor not getting this going. I am half a mind to sign up to Twitter so I can tell him anonymously what I really think of him, but I would surely find the 280 character limit somewhat restricting.

Oh, I don't know! You can be quite pithy in less than 280! ?

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Is there some kind of etiquette I am not following? Did I need to do a masonic handshake prior? 

Apologies if I've rustled any feathers.

No you are ok Olly. In truth David should have stayed on as we didn’t lose on Saturday, but I understand he is struggling at the moment from inhaling too much tippex fumes.

We need a cup run. We need to develop a winning habit. WR knows this and is adopting that approach. 
Salford will fancy this. They beat us pre-season and there’s the Gary Bowyer factor. Pre-season they watched us dance with the ball for as long as we liked then scored with direct and simple play. Have we learned from that? Will Morrison be able to unpick them with his incisive balls (Ma-tron!). Jack Stretton’s chance to shine.

Im a tad concern about our CB’s. Need to rest CD so maybe Fossy as CB with Stearman and Ebosole at left-back? Cashin not in the squad so expect some square pegs in round holes. 

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No you are ok Olly. In truth David should have stayed on as we didn’t lose on Saturday, but I understand he is struggling at the moment from inhaling too much tippex fumes.

So who are match threads started by?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Apologies I didn't realise that was the rule, I once had a friend called David if that counts?

I don't mind being tarred, feathered and paraded round Derby on a lead by Ewie should we lose.

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We need a cup run. We need to develop a winning habit. WR knows this and is adopting that approach. 
Salford will fancy this. They beat us pre-season and there’s the Gary Bowyer factor. Pre-season they watched us dance with the ball for as long as we liked then scored with direct and simple play. Have we learned from that? Will Morrison be able to unpick them with his incisive balls (Ma-tron!). Jack Stretton’s chance to shine.

Im a tad concern about our CB’s. Need to rest CD so maybe Fossy as CB with Stearman and Ebosole at left-back? Cashin not in the squad so expect some square pegs in round holes. 

Allsop

Byrne Stearman Fozzy Williams

Hutchinson Shinnie

Sibley Morrison Joz

Stretton

Roos, Bird, CKR, Watson, Festy

Bit lightweight bar Hutch and Stearman and Foz.

Who've I missed off, I kept remembering youngsters!?

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

My team would be:

Allsop

Byrne  Cashin   Davies   Buchanan 

Thompson Shinnie 

Ebosele    Sibley    Morrison 

Stretton

This team is by no means weak but preserves some of our first teasers for Peterborough away.

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Allsop

Ebosele Davies Stearman Forsyth

Hutchinson Shinnie

Jozwiak Morrison Sibley

Stretton 

I believe all of these count as professional players. I think it’s wise to rest where we can given our lack of a squad. Would like to keep Jozwiak in to build up confidence with hopefully a good performance against easier competition, but I think Wayne will go with Lawrence. Horrible to say but going out of the cups early this season wouldn’t be the worst thing, although I’m a strong believer in the momentum that wins can bring.

Stay in the cup this time and give more practice to young players

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

If Derby draw or lose, matchday thread starter should remain the same for the next match

Okay, I've seen stuff about that before. But how does it start and who goes next. It's obvious to you who know but seems mysterious to me.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was resting them. Davies too old and Lawrence with an eye patch! ? 

Then you'll be looking at the U18s to fill the bench as they won't count towards the professional standing quota.
I imagine Ryan (CB) and Ibrahim (CM/AM) would be the likely contenders

edit: Or JBrown, as he's already played for the first team

Edited by Ghost of Clough

11 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Apologies I didn't realise that was the rule, I once had a friend called David if that counts?

I don't mind being tarred, feathered and paraded round Derby on a lead by Ewie should we lose.

What time does the parade start.