Your Football Club Needs You...

Ellafella

This weekend the eyes of the football world will be on the Rams. Absolutely no point in turning up to protest - that would just be a huge shot in the foot. The situation is what it is. Let's turn up, cheer and support WR and the players. 3 points from a win will give the players a huge boost; siege mentality, fans behind them, nothing to lose. We're in this together. If you can keep your head when all about are losing theirs and blaming it on you...

kitchener_poster_for_listing.png

Edited by Ellafella

1 hour ago, UTFR said:

No excuse not to turn up and support the lads. If you don't go to this one when they really need you then you cant consider yourself a true fan.

I personally cant make it this weekend, but i hope to get to one soon.

We need every fan so hopefully you’ll get there soon.

1 hour ago, UTFR said:

No excuse not to turn up and support the lads. If you don't go to this one when they really need you then you cant consider yourself a true fan.

I personally cant make it this weekend, but i hope to get to one soon.

So are you not a true fan then?

11 minutes ago, UTFR said:

Thats harsh mate I go to every game home and away unless i have something else on.

I’m just trying understand your logic. You say only those attending on Saturday can be classed as true fans. Yet, you can’t go…

I can’t make any of the 3 games in August, due to family commitments. I must be way down the list of fans, probably somewhere between half and fair weather fan. Despite having a season ticket the past 10 years and still waiting for this years. And don’t even mention my dad with his Parkinson’s who can’t get to every game nowadays…

All I’m suggesting is that people think before making these grand statements about others.

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

A true fan makes sure they haven’t got anything else on, ie send out fixture list to all your friends and relatives so they organise weddings etc during the off season or international breaks?

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So, when you say no excuses you mean none other than yours? 

4 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I’m just trying understand your logic. You say only those attending on Saturday can be classed as true fans. Yet, you can’t go…

I can’t make any of the 3 games in August, due to family commitments. I must be way down the list of fans, probably somewhere between half and fair weather fan. Despite having a season ticket the past 10 years and still waiting for this years. And don’t even mention my dad with his Parkinson’s who can’t get to every game nowadays…

All I’m suggesting is that people think before making these grand statements about others.

WHOOOOOOOSH

Somehow people have missed the joke! 

On a serious note:

I do think we have too many fans who are not happy to take the rough with the smooth. Life as a Derby fan will provide lots of ups and downs. I struggle to understand that when a team needs all the support it can get and the club needs help financially, fans disappear.

Yes in the rough times it's not enjoyable seeing your team get beat often but we can play our part to help them ride the storm until the good times return. Don't stop turning up if you can help it based on performance. We made Pride Park a bit of a fortress before covid times so it can give us a big advantage if we continue to turn up!  

Yes. There's a good interview with Rooney.

Rooney: "It Is An Exciting Time For Us" - Blog - Derby County (dcfc.co.uk)

Towards the end of it he stresses that everyone is trying to do their best for this club.

He emphasises that all the players want to do well for this club - isn't that what fans wanted? Players playing for the shirt!