Your Football Club Needs You...

Ellafella

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. There's a good interview with Rooney.

Rooney: "It Is An Exciting Time For Us" - Blog - Derby County (dcfc.co.uk)

Towards the end of it he stresses that everyone is trying to do their best for this club.

He emphasises that all the players want to do well for this club - isn't that what fans wanted? Players playing for the shirt!

He uses "...in the building" 3 times. he must have had Rowett on the phone.?

There are so many on this forum who are such loyal Rams fans that they would die for the club, but only till the owners cash runs out.

This is a replay of what happened to Pickering and as he famously said on radio Derby to the booing fans "If you can do better, where's your money - and if you don't like it, go and watch Forest.” that ended with the club going into administration and some less than savoury characters picking the club up for £3 and then them going to prison for a creative sale of the ground.

I agree with the sentiments of this topic the club needs support, not constant sniping to try and show how humorous the posters can be, (and always failing).

FWIW 99% of Rams fans do not come on this forum or do twatter, so all the "clever" remarks will not affect their attitudes to the club. and anyone who is less than supportive on Saturday could well regret their negativity.

Edited by Charlotte Ram
spelling

14 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

There are so many on this forum who are such loyal Rams fans that they would die for the club, but only till the owners cash runs out.

This is a replay of what happened to Pickering and as he famously said on radio Derby to the booing fans "If you can do better, where's your money - and if you don't like it, go and watch Forest.” that ended with the club going into administration and some less than savoury characters picking the club up for £3 and then them going to prison for a creative sale of the ground.

I agree with the sentiments of this topic the club needs support, not constant sniping to try and show how humorous the posters can be, (and always failing).

FWIW 99% of Rams fans do not come on this forum or do twatter, so all the "clever" remarks will not affect their attitudes to the club. and anyone who is less than supportive on Saturday could well regret their negativity.

This. Spot on. For tomorrow at least, if you have called the club a joke/laughing stock/embarrassment over the last few months please stay away, I'd hate you to feel embarrassed about being a Rams fan.

On 05/08/2021 at 15:45, The_Sheriff said:

Somehow people have missed the joke! 

On a serious note:

I do think we have too many fans who are not happy to take the rough with the smooth. Life as a Derby fan will provide lots of ups and downs. I struggle to understand that when a team needs all the support it can get and the club needs help financially, fans disappear.

Yes in the rough times it's not enjoyable seeing your team get beat often but we can play our part to help them ride the storm until the good times return. Don't stop turning up if you can help it based on performance. We made Pride Park a bit of a fortress before covid times so it can give us a big advantage if we continue to turn up!  

I think it's just varying levels of passion tbh. It's the same with any hobby: some people go all in, while for others it might just be a passing interest for when there's nothing else going on.

Neither is correct or incorrect. Just purely personal preference.

Some people only want to watch good football and see their team win - that's where the enjoyment comes from - and others see the deeper value in being part of a community of football fans that turn up through thick and thin. Only the latter will be at the stadium tomorrow, I feel.

7 minutes ago, Amberram said:

I think we will be down to the hard core of Rams fans tomorrow.

Thats not taking anything away from people who choose not to be there for ANY reason.

Looking forward to a day out with my son who can now buy me a beer and into town after.

First time he's buying you a pint? 

Big moment, if so. I swear my dad had a tear in his eye when I bought him one ?

3 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I think it's just varying levels of passion tbh. It's the same with any hobby: some people go all in, while for others it might just be a passing interest for when there's nothing else going on.

Neither is correct or incorrect. Just purely personal preference.

Some people only want to watch good football and see their team win - that's where the enjoyment comes from - and others see the deeper value in being part of a community of football fans that turn up through thick and thin. Only the latter will be at the stadium tomorrow, I feel.

Interesting comments about good football and wins. I have seen better football (and two wins) this pre-season, which is more than usual.

Sometimes better squads just go through the motions in friendlies and maybe our squad was flat out. But I am looking forward to seeing if they can take the attacking intent forward into competitive games.

But you're right, I will be there through thick and thin so maybe I just see what I want to see!

22 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Thats not taking anything away from people who choose not to be there for ANY reason.

Looking forward to a day out with my son who can now buy me a beer and into town after.

Not sure about a hard core but certainly a committed bunch.

For all of my criticism of Rooney and his management,I'll be there to support the players tomorrow with my son and encouraging them on,after all it's not their fault that they have found themselves in this shambles.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Interesting comments about good football and wins. I have seen better football (and two wins) this pre-season, which is more than usual.

Sometimes better squads just go through the motions in friendlies and maybe our squad was flat out. But I am looking forward to seeing if they can take the attacking intent forward into competitive games.

But you're right, I will be there through thick and thin so maybe I just see what I want to see!

Yeah, it's certainly looked a bit better.

But I think the more casual fans are just going to assume that it will be a tough old season.

I can only assume this is due to the extremely long absence from an actual real life Rams match, but even though the past couple of weeks have been a minefield of trepidation, uncertainties, and decision making (on a personal level), but right here, right now, I can't remember the last time I felt this excited to be going to the match.  I don't recall looking forward to the season opener as much as I am right now.  I'm actually buzzing.

It's not Wembley.  It's not Play-Offs.  It's not an opportunity of a cup giant killing.  It is nothing more than the opening game of the season... and for some weird reason, here I am buzzing... like a teenager again.

... And we're not even any good!  ?

Bring it on  ? 

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can only assume this is due to the extremely long absence from an actual real life Rams match, but even though the past couple of weeks have been a minefield of trepidation, uncertainties, and decision making (on a personal level), but right here, right now, I can't remember the last time I felt this excited to be going to the match.  I don't recall looking forward to the season opener as much as I am right now.  I'm actually buzzing.

It's not Wembley.  It's not Play-Offs.  It's not an opportunity of a cup giant killing.  It is nothing more than the opening game of the season... and for some weird reason, here I am buzzing... like a teenager again.

... And we're not even any good!  ?

Bring it on  ? 

I’m with you mate, since the start of the pandemic my interest in football has reduced. I wondered if it was the state of the club or our lack of progress… but as the hours go by I’m realising it’s just because I’m missing watching Derby live. Absolutely buzzing with excitement for tomorrow ??

1 hour ago, Amberram said:

Sorry dad, forgot my wallet.

I guarantee it!

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

"I slept on the couch in the office last night [Thursday] and I’ll be sleeping on my couch again in my office tonight, trying to get these players over the line as quickly as possible so that we don’t lose out on them.

"As a manager, certainly during the transfer window, you need to do everything you can to try and get the players in. If that means staying here and giving a player a nudge at midnight, 11pm or 10pm whatever time it is, I'm going to do that to make sure I get the players in."

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

This. Spot on. For tomorrow at least, if you have called the club a joke/laughing stock/embarrassment over the last few months please stay away, I'd hate you to feel embarrassed about being a Rams fan.

I’ll take this as a direct dig at my post last night you took exception to. 

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2021/07/31/rooney-accidentally-burns-Derby-training-complex-after-leaving-toast-on-too-long/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/aug/03/david-squires-on-the-football-leagues-return-and-the-rooney-blues

Those are two national companies taking the rise out of this club in the last fortnight. They are not taking the piss out of Huddersfield, Barnsley, Reading or any other championship club. No. They are taking it out of Derby County Football Club.

But why are they taking the piss out of DCFC ? BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN RUN IN A SHAMBOLIC MANNER BY A MAN, THE ONLY MAN, IN THE ENTIRE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT COULD MAKE FAWAZ LOOK COMPETENT.

To that end, I’ll respect your right to respond in the manner you saw fit while reserving the right post, after reading the above links my opinion the current owner has indeed reduced this football club from one to be admired not that long ago to one national press are laughing at, ie a laughing stock.

But don’t worry, I won’t be there tomorrow, I don’t qualify as a good enough fan.

Enjoy the game, after all we both hope for the same result.