v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

56 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I think playing them together would be a nightmare for the opposition. Although there would be quite a few yellow cards! 

I can’t see how you play them together, unless you play both of them  as right and left sided no: 10 style players off Kaz. But that gives us a problem on the wings.

Not sure Rooney is progressive enough to find a slot for them both, especially with his captain occupying a similar space.

56 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Morrison is a huge gamble. Could be a risk that pays off finally. Killer passes and creative ability 

It’s worth the gamble as we have nothing even close to that atm

sometimes we struggle for 5 yard passes nevermind killer ones ?

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Its 1 in 16 in the league - I assume this includes the FA Cup where we played the Under 12s....I look at it the other way round, we are unbeaten this season and mid-table ?

like your positivity but we have played one of the favourites for relegation who also had some of their best players missing through covid. I can't help but see this result as a missed opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

One thing I am struck by is just how static our front four is. Jozwiak, Lawrence, Watson and Kazim-Richards, none of them ran in beyond the defence. They all came towards the ball and that's really easy to play against. When Sibley came on the first thing he did was run in beyond the defence and we looked so much more threatening for it. 

Away from that I thought Fozzy was our best player and Davies did well. Hoping we can get another CB in or Cashin can step up as Stearman looked absolutely petrified anytime he had the ball at his feet. 

That's the way we seem to be setting ourselves up to play up top,presumably Wayne sees some value in it but I agree we looked more dangerous when sibbers came on and started running through and in.

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

One thing I am struck by is just how static our front four is. Jozwiak, Lawrence, Watson and Kazim-Richards, none of them ran in beyond the defence. They all came towards the ball and that's really easy to play against. When Sibley came on the first thing he did was run in beyond the defence and we looked so much more threatening for it. 

Away from that I thought Fozzy was our best player and Davies did well. Hoping we can get another CB in or Cashin can step up as Stearman looked absolutely petrified anytime he had the ball at his feet. 

I can't imagine CKR running beyond anyone but yet Jozwiak has a turn of pace ditto Larewnce.

Could it be the laboured build up from the back again or the fact that no one in the side has the ability to pick a pass?

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

like your positivity but we have played one of the favourites for relegation who also had some of their best players missing through covid. I can't help but see this result as a missed opportunity. 

But we have have the worst pre-season in the history of football with ridiculous background disruptions - im hoping things can only improve on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I can't imagine CKR running beyond anyone but yet Jozwiak has a turn of pace ditto Larewnce.

Could it be the laboured build up from the back again or the fact that no one in the side has the ability to pick a pass?

Kazim just needs to hold the ball up and distribute to the runners going past as some other player used to do for us ?......if we can get them to do that,we will start becoming more prolific I suspect ?

Firstly, it was so good to be back! 

The game was pretty much what I was expecting in all honesty. It's two teams that many from the outside looking in are expecting to struggle this season and there was signs from both teams to why people think that. However, for both, I think there were a few things to suggest that we won't be dead and buried like many think. 

The effort put in today was excellent. I think there is a definitely a sense of realism amongst the players that we are going to have to graft this season to earn our points. Gone are the days where we would be annoyed about draws and not winning good enough. 

I'm not going to be too negative today. The fans were great, despite the lower crowd, so it was an enjoyable game. I do believe there will be games we watch where it won't be as pleasant - we can moan about the situation then.  

Hey ho .. a win would have been great but a draw was a fair result. They were a big side, not shy in the tackle and shirt pulling department.

Fantastic to be back .. great atmosphere 

As others have said Joz was ok today but not as dangerous as you would like to think. Not his best game.

I thought Fozzy had a great game, won lots in the air and some tidy head ons and line balls in the right place. He is an intelligent footballer, past his prime, but there’s some real quality there. Winced in the second half when he went down .. but all ok thank goodness.

Kaz.. Bulwark. He is so tough ! .. needs runners closer
Midfield do ok but we lie too deep. Bird is a good player but he’s better further up. He’s more creative than he’s given credit for but can’t show it where he is on the pitch. 

Watson .. continued to look like a cracking prospect. Hungry, aggressive, quick .. booking he got was harsh. I want to see replays because I’d bet that was a penno 

Curtis and Stearman .. both did damned well considering the press, but they did look stretched when Hudds played the channels

Byrne Lawrence Shinnie all worked and competed hard 

Festy and Sibbo added some much needed Zip, muscle and threat.

Shout out for Roos .. some great saves, dealt with their high press well and that save with his right foot was instinctive skill and top drawer. 

Ref and east stand Lino get 4/10 .. some very poor decisions and unbalanced card issuing relative to offences. Some blatant shirt pulling .. pushing to get a corner and a 50/50 against Watson that didn’t just go against him (ok)  it got him a card. (Not ok )

looking forward to Tuesday ??????

18 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

He was poor today and fitness shouldn't be a issue seeing as he was ar the euros, let's hope we see something more in the next few months we can't be carrying players this season. 

I would say the Euros will have hampered his fitness. More time off, joining the squad later means he isn’t likely to be up to the speed of the other players. Not excusing his performance today, just saying let’s give him time. 

Roos - one good stop

Byrne - against the best opponent player but not great today

Davies - looked knackered at the end - scored ?

Stearman - decent positionally lacks pace obviously  

Forsyth - for me our man of the match 

Bird - didn’t really notice him much 

Watson - some nice moments 

Shinnie decent professional job 

jozwiak - pontificates a lot and didn’t have a go at the opposition 

Lawrence - decent effort put in today 

Richards - never had a sniff 

subs - Sibley - he makes things happen - get him on the pitch 

Ebeselle - if he starts to use his strength he could be very useful 

Hutchinson -N/A 

42 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He didn't show much if any attacking threat but as another poster said he kept the ball pretty well until he couldn't make his mind up whether to pass or shoot half way through the second half.

Would expect more from an international winger against Huddersfield than just keep the ball tbf which is where I'm coming from.

I’ll won’t question his skill/ability.  He had a really good Euro for Poland.  I just think from what I’ve seen at Notts and today, he looked like a player that doesn’t want to be here.
This is from watching his movement on the pitch.  He hides from play IMO and shys from real tackles.  If I’m wrong he’s been poor.  If I’m correct, I think he needs to be moved on as we need some money while he’s worth some.