v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think this is the whole sad indictment of where we are as a club - sell half a dozen we won't be in profit, we probably won't be in profit if we sell out every home game from now until the end of the season. 

Come on ! .. you know what he meant. However, to play accountant and cheer you up .. It would make a contribution to overheads 

1 minute ago, tinman said:

Derby’s odds have plummeted from 4/1 to 8/5 since the signings

They didnt drop much after the signings.  They have dropped much more overnight....i suspect the bookies have got wind of some covid news in the huddersfield camp. I took a punt on backing Derby on Skybet when the odds were 5, suspecting the lay odds might drop once the Huddersfield players had their covid tests. The lay odds on Derby are now 2.74, which means I will get a good profit on my back bet.

27 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Backed us at 4/1,fancy us as underdogs.

I’ve backed us too. Surely following all that’s happened this summer to us something good has to happen…. (But it is Derby county) Would love like a 3-0 win today to shut all the other clubs’ fans up online. 

Lionel Messi decides to sign for Derby, he goes into the changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" He asks. "Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Huddersfield. They're poo and we can't be bothered".

Messi looks at them and says "Well I reckon I can beat them by myself, you lads go down the pub." So Messi goes out to play Huddersfield by himself and the rest of the Derby team go off for a few beers.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the TV on. A big cheer goes up as the screen shows "Derby 1 (Messi 10 minutes) – Huddersfield 0 He is beating Huddersfield all by himself! Anyway, a few more beers later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on" They put the TV on. "Result Derby 1 (Messi 10 minutes) – Huddersfield 1 (Holmes 89 minutes).

They can't believe it, he has single handed got a draw against Huddersfield! They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down I've let you down" "Don't be stupid Lionel, you got a draw against Huddersfield all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end!" Messi says "No, No, I have, I've let you down!. I got sent off after 12 minutes!"