The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

No because the club said the payment would be made, but, once again has failed to deliver, also under/overpayments can be resolved later, I think this is a case of deep pockets and short arms on Mel's part.  Failure to pay the HMRC is a factor for the embargo which I believe will loosen a little once a payment of the appropriate size has been made.       

The quote from Coles (from page one) is that the club were in discussions with HMRC about throwing some money their way

There is nothing in the statement which suggests the club were in full control of that - HMRC could very easily have turned around and said "no, actually we want the exact amount once you've filed your accounts thank you" - There isn't enough information in the statement to accurately conclude that the club would be able to pay HMRC on their own terms

You can't just read stuff and assume the rest - We have a limited amount of information available to us and we can't assume that idle speculation is correct

5 minutes ago, MikeS said:

How do we know that the facts related by Ramstrust and the Punjabi Rams aren't a fair and honest account of what was discussed. We await David's account to balance the issue. 

I'm pretty sure the whole meeting, or even just the points allowed to be discussed publicly, can't accurately be surmised within the Twitter character limit. Punjabi Rams released those tweets quickly and possibly didn't expect how much blood the twitter "fan" base  was baying for.

The phone-in guy this morning seemed a little more balanced and was able to articulate a little more.

I'm reserving my judgment until we can be told what we can be in a bit more detail.

I'm not saying what PR or RT have put out there so far isn't honest, just that more detail is needed if possible. 

Apparently the guy from Rams Trust is on Radio Derby again at 6pm. Maybe it might just be the same as this morning (which wasn’t much) or he’s had time to let more sink In and can divulge some more. 

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

I'm pretty sure the whole meeting, or even just the points allowed to be discussed publicly, can't accurately be surmised within the Twitter character limit. Punjabi Rams released those tweets quickly and possibly didn't expect how much blood the twitter "fan" base  was baying for.

The phone-in guy this morning seemed a little more balanced and was able to articulate a little more.

I'm reserving my judgment until we can be told what we can be in a bit more detail.

I'm not saying what PR or RT have put out there so far isn't honest, just that more detail is needed if possible. 

He's on again:

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You have to take into account the natural decline of players with age.

Waghorn during the first Phillip Cocu season was still performing as a solid Championship player. He declined noticeably last season, losing a yard.

Forsyth and Davies too.

Unfortunately, none of our younger players have progressed since 19/20 aside from Lee Buchanan to make up for it.

This squad is weak. CKR is 34 now, and with games coming thick and fast, he’ll also likely decline too.

I’ll also add some others like Lawrence and Wisdom haven’t improved to any great extent since joining. All the while the Championship is becoming increasingly more difficult due to parachute payments and the quality of managers increasing.

Standing still in this league = gradually getting worse. And declining = falling off a cliff.

The decline occurred following the Covid lockdown. We were going exceptionally strong in the second half of 19/20 up until that point. Momentum carried us through the Reading and Preston games before form totally nose dived. Then only 1 month before the 20/21 season started with no change in form. It's not as if there was a gradual decline which you'd expect from 'ageing players'.

Against Blackburn before lockdown, we fielded Hamer, Bogle, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth, Bird, Shinnie, Sibley, Waghorn, Knight, Martin.
Only 3 players left in that summer (Hamer, Bogle, Martin) but all were still with us for the run in (9 points in 9 games) so i don't think you can say it was the drop off in quality either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Last season was more to do with psychological issues rather than actual ability, with no crowds playing a big part in that. It's why we've struggled away from home for so long too.

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Apparently the guy from Rams Trust is on Radio Derby again at 6pm. Maybe it might just be the same as this morning (which wasn’t much) or he’s had time to let more sink In and can divulge some more. 

Maybe it will help if someone who knows about Derby County actually asks the questions and isn't trying to crack jokes about the NDA all the time.

I love Twiggy's taste in music but a sports journalist he ain't! 

Just now, angieram said:

Maybe it will help if someone who knows about Derby County actually asks the questions and isn't trying to crack jokes about the NDA all the time.

I love Twiggy's taste in music but a sports journalist he ain't! 

Agree with that, Twiggy was struggling this morning with it. 

Everyone seems to forget we played 5 of the top six at the end of the 19/20 season, ok it was disappointing to lose all of those games but it was a ridiculusly tough run in.

But we underperformed so badly last season under Cocu it had to be done, then after surfing the wave of "fit Bielik and not being the old boss" we regressed again under england's greatest ever potato.

@Ghost of Clough is dead right I think, something about the psychology really got to them and was never really overcome. At least on that part, hopefully things can start afresh with a new season.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Last season was more to do with psychological issues rather than actual ability, with no crowds playing a big part in that. It's why we've struggled away from home for so long too.

I agree, many people quote our loss of Bielik as the reason for our sudden decline but the reality was different. Although he is clearly our best player when fit, if you include the game he was injured in we actually won 4 of 6 after he was out.

4 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

I can only assume @Davidis either taking time to construct a report for us or he’s taking a time out due to getting too much flack. 
I hope it’s not the latter and he’s ok and that we can see the best report of the meeting on this forum this evening ?

The football world awaits 

FDF69AC8-DACB-4901-976C-43DCAE8405FF.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can anyone remember during the Mac years when we had a ‘What the opposition are saying’ thread and it was full of opposition fans gushing over our team and the way we had built the 2013-14, 2014-15 sides?

I wonder what those same fans are thinking now. 

Incredible how we went from that to this. Only one man responsible for it all. 

Bit harsh on Keogh.

10 minutes ago, rustylee said:

Why doesn’t Mel just go on radio Derby himself? Then he would be in full control of what is said nobody misrepresenting or misremembering what he said.

Because that would contravene the club’s strict radio silence strategy you silly goose.