Derby County versus Real Betis, 28 July, Pre-Season Friendly

angieram

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

U haven’t watched him much there then ?

he’s not a centre back … he can do an emergency stop gap we’ve got nothing else sort of thing but we would be relegated by Xmas if he were to start the season there 

Like I said, he has the attributes to be a decent centre back not that he currently is

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is Rooney's safety first, risk-free way. I can't be doing with it. I don't want us to be "Derby nil" but that's what he's turning us into.

Couldn’t agree more I’m watching it at work and paid more attention to my work. If this is what we go with I don’t see where the goals come from tbh and could even score less than last season (is that possible). I don’t see any change of play to the last 15 games of last season where no one goes past the halfway line 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wonder how much football he's played last season? Thought he looks better than last match, but yeah he's a free agent that we can afford.

I don't know how much football he's had recently, but if not injured I can see why he'd be on the bench.

Looks a perfect last throw of the dice to turn a game around, not a regular starter.

Maybe that's the role Wayne is looking to fill, in which case he'd be an option.

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Couldn’t agree more I’m watching it at work and paid more attention to my work. If this is what we go with I don’t see where the goals come from tbh and could even score less than last season (is that possible). I don’t see any change of play to the last 15 games of last season where no one goes past the halfway line 

He's got nothing to work with. Most of these players are useless.

7 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

The irony that England’s record scorer can’t see that Baldock is not a scorer ??‍♂️

He possibly can but wit limited scope, can’t get anyone else desperate enough to join us. We’d almost be better going for a non league raw prospect of the Phil Gee mould, than a time served journeyman forward. Doubt we have the recruiting capability to find a Phil Gee type though.

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't know if the Spanish league starts later than us but Betis seem to be lacking intensity in their play and are just stroking the ball around at their leisure. I think we're looking okay but based on the lack of intensity it's hard to judge really. Sitting deep seems to be sensible with the back 4 as it is especially Jagielka and Forsyth but in the competitive games this could become an issue. 

I like the look of Carrol in this game looked solid when we've had the ball and think he's going to be important for us to get. I don't think it's sensible for Buchanan and Byrne to be going forward together as they are, it's creating real issues when the move breaks down and letting them onto us. If this was competitive I'm sure they'd have scored with one of those. I like the look of Aluko on the wing he looks solid but am not convinced about him and carroll switching it up- a few times carroll has been asking for the ball only for Aluko not to notice. The end result is that you have two players not able to be their best selves because of their positioning. 

Baldock could be on the pitch from now until the start of the season and he'd still not score. I'd be looking elsewhere if we possibly can tbh. 

They start a week after us this second half team is pretty much their first eleven

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who the hell is looking like a 20 goal a season player? They looked more threatening against Salford and Man U. But this lot are a different gravy!

The only player in our squad who might be a 20 goal a season player is Sibley but he's never played. That's 100% on Rooney. I want him gone.

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I do not agree. Who have we lost. Who is training with us now. Not bad at all.

We've lost Clarke, waghorn, Marriott, Edmundson to name a few. All better than our current options.

Baldock, aluko, Carroll they're all just useless. Not good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The only player in our squad who might be a 20 goal a season player is Sibley but he's never played. That's 100% on Rooney. I want him gone.

Agree. Someone like Steve Mac would turn sibley into a better version of Bryson. No disrespect to Bryson. Utter legend.