Derby County versus Real Betis, 28 July, Pre-Season Friendly

angieram

Watson's a strange one for me. We were just so poor last season that I feel by simply "looking bright and like he wants the ball" and playing a single nicely weighted pass to Jozwiak he seems to have elevated his status to actually being a capable championship level midfielder.

I don't even think he ever really shone for the U23s after an initial impact on his debut, I don't know what real evidence there is to judge him on.

Edited by Coconut

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Watson's a strange one for me. We were just so poor last season that I feel by simply "looking bright and like he wants the ball" and playing a single nicely weighted pass to Jozwiak he seems to have elevated his status to actually being a capable championship level midfielder.

I don't even think he ever really shone for the U23s after an initial impact on his debut, I don't know what real evidence there is to judge him on.

I've admittedly not watched much of the U23s to really comment on him in that regard but I do think he looked bright, technically sound and had that knack of picking up space in his cameo appearances. He might not be ready for the championship but there looked to be enough there to give him a genuine shot and I don't think he was given a fair enough crack last season especially when other players at the time could be awful for a several game stretch and still be afforded the time to play themselves back into form (debatably).

Can we at least just try and play some positive football tonight Wayne? 

I just don’t think I have it in me to watch the back four / midfield passing it between themselves for 20 minutes, looking totally hopeless and devoid of a game plan before one of them inevitably passes to the opposition from 5 yards. 

A couple of shots on target would even do me, something, anything! 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Can we at least just try and play some positive football tonight Wayne? 

I just don’t think I have it in me to watch the back four / midfield passing it between themselves for 20 minutes, looking totally hopeless and devoid of a game plan before one of them inevitably passes to the opposition from 5 yards. 

A couple of shots on target would even do me, something, anything! 

Maybe an attacking throw-in? ?‍♂️

33 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hope so , spent far too much since last year on rams TV,  might aswell of brought a season ticket ??

LIVE STREAM :: Derby County V Real Betis | Football - 28/07 ...

https://www.youtube.com › watch › v=jcmdCbk2Yd8

8 minutes ago, MickD said:

LIVE STREAM :: Derby County V Real Betis | Football - 28/07 ...

https://www.youtube.com › watch › v=jcmdCbk2Yd8

Real Betis are streaming the game but looking at their Facebook it’s limited to Spanish based audience only, would assume this will apply to YouTube again.

Monthly RamsTV subscribers the game is included in your package, just had the email now