Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

19 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

The EFL ... exist in a spiteful, insular parallel universe where objection to their vapid policies and initiatives ... is admonished and suppressed in a harsh, lengthy and painless fashion and ... damaged for years.

I guess that the EFL Board is full of people who like to sit on committees!

2 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I will happily read anti-EFL posts!

But, I am also wondering, what is the best available explanation for why the EFL could be seen to be acting in the best interests of English football!

A transfer embargo is harsh - but, I imagine, Derby can submit their revised accounts (and recent accounts) whenever we want - if that is the reason for the embargo.

But if we ignore the vindictive theory for a moment - what, if any, dispassionate justification might the EFL Board have for the embargo and their position?

No mate only got to 18th august 2021 to get them in nearly in mid of july.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No mate only got to 18th august 2021 to get them in nearly in mid of july.

Is the embargo linked to the old-three seasons - or is the embargo linked to the past two seasons?

And, in either case, would submitting them immediately lead to the lifting of the embargo?

And if so, how long after submission would/could the embargo be lifted?

Edited by Ken Tram

3 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I can see why it looks like that - seeking points deductions -and interchangeable fixtures -and being disappointed - and wanting a harsher punishment than justified by the evidence ...

But! How is it too the advantage of the EFL, for a club like Derby to be relegated to League 1?

Do the EFL Board think that English football clubs might benefit from the publicity surrounding a relegation?

Do the EFL Board think that Derby's actions have undermined English football and the other clubs?

A popular narrative is that the EFL Board is acting vindictively because Derby's Board is seen as precocious.

In every organization there is politicking and people make decisions for their own reasons and not for the good of the organization. My take is that there appears a clear hated of Derby within the EFL, perhaps because Mel led the attempt to breakaway on TV rights and has publicly shamed the EFL for their ineptitude when negotiating media deals. It's become irrational. 

Just now, Ken Tram said:

Is the embargo linked to the old-three seasons - or is the embargo linked to the past two seasons?

And, in ether case, wild submitting them immediately lead to the lifting of the embargo?

3 years years 2014 to 2015 2015 to 2016 2017 to 2018  I think mate they have to be resitmited before transfear embargo can be lifted.

Here's the EFL list of our misdemeanours!

"Derby County

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

Regulation 17 - Default in payments to HMRC

Regulation 51.2.3 - Default in paying transfer fee instalments

Profit and Sustainability Rules - non-submission of audited accounts"

EFL Official Website - Embargo Reporting Service

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby County

I see why so many YouTube videos send a tad critical!

Edited by Ken Tram

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby County

Not too bad then. 

That was a helpful EFL link, which led to EFL Embargo FAQs:

What is the purpose of an Embargo?

Embargoes are intended to operate as a deterrent against Clubs defaulting on financial obligations to clubs or players, and/or breaching other key relevant regulations e.g. reporting on financial matters.  An embargo prevents a Club from strengthening its team or adding to its playing staff costs until such time as it has met its existing financial obligations and/or the Club has rectified the relevant breach of EFL regulation(s).

And also from EFL Embargo FAQs:

Under what circumstances can a Club operating under an Embargo sign players?

During a Transfer Window

Clubs can ‘staff up’, so they have 23 players of Professional Standing within their squad.

Clubs are able to ‘staff up’ to ensure the integrity of the competitions remain and so that Clubs are able to fulfil their fixtures.

Clubs are only permitted to ‘staff up’ by signing players on loan or players not registered with another Club.

Clubs cannot pay fees to acquire loan players and cannot pay additional wages on top of the salary the player receives at their parent Club.

Clubs ‘staffing up’ may only register players until the end of the current Season, whilst loan transfers can only be for half a season.

Budget restrictions apply dependent upon the divisional status of the Club under embargo.

And more details are listed on the FAQs page.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

These two are the unknowns (we knew about the accounts/P&S):

Random stab in the dark but I guess these relate to the failed Arab takeover. Like with paying wages, Mel had probably banked on the new owners paying that month's installments. 

But ... as you might expect ... there are different rules relating to Academies, leagues, types of P&S breaches ... meaning that the FAQs are as clear as mud!

The FAQs seen to say "If the embargo is due to P&S, then the EFL can apply whatever restrictions it likes!"

Edited by Ken Tram

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Regarding the HMRC payments, surely if we’re not filing accounts with them how can we be paying tax?

Have to pay taxes! HMRC can shut down businesses super-quick! 

Isn't there some rule that if one is not sure how much tax to pay, they are supposed to pay more and argue it later? Some sort of catchall rule!

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

...misdemeanours caused by the EFL's drawn-out case against us.

I’d say 4 of them are connected with the EFL case personally. The outsider of the late instalment payments which is quite damming.