The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

The thing is we can improve quite a way from that performance. 7/10 for me. We would need to play at least as well to make the final. 

We will need to improve further to beat Spain, Italy or Belgium. 

Whilst we got a win today, I still worry about the selections.. We have such talent and I just don’t get this matching up against other teams all the time.. Okay it’s Ze Germans and they are never a push over but when do we start imposing ourselves on other teams?

UNLEASH THE LIONS.. ???????
world cup england GIF by BBC

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Whilst we got a win today, I still worry about the selections.. We have such talent and I just don’t get this matching up against other teams all the time.. Okay it’s Ze Germans and they are never a push over but when do we start imposing ourselves on other teams?

UNLEASH THE LIONS.. ???????
world cup england GIF by BBC

?

Three Lions Football GIF

20 minutes ago, Spanish said:

The euros are a marathon we have had a very easy run so far could be crucial

Yes. Long way to go. But we have ‘momentum’

Next thing we want is for Sweden and Ukraine to be drawn 4-4 after extra time, for one of them to win 21-20 on penalties and then the winners will be emotionally and physically drained  even before schlepping to Rome 

I am taking it one game at a time.

Having watched France v Switzerland last night, I just can’t get excited about our chances yet.

I’ve not come away from a single game thinking we’ve played well. Got the job done, yes. Convincing performance, no.

Some will say the performances are immaterial if we get our hands on the trophy.

But unless we step things up, it’s quite easy to see us getting caught cold.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am taking it one game at a time.

Having watched France v Switzerland last night, I just can’t get excited about our chances yet.

I’ve not come away from a single game thinking we’ve played well. Got the job done, yes. Convincing performance, no.

Some will say the performances are immaterial if we get our hands on the trophy.

But unless we step things up, it’s quite easy to see us getting caught cold.

To be fair...........I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this................but I don't think you will ever get excited about anything!

And the last thing in the world England or anybody else needs at the moment, is catching the cold.

Any chance you can swap your sporting allegiance to tennis instead? lots of hot female players grunting might help!