Once a Ram... Not Always a Ram?

JfR

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

20210530_120311.thumb.jpg.af7ee9384adf2bfb6eb54c4343025dee.jpg

Yes.

He got stick from Derby fans whilst at the club on Twitter. (Fans gave it)

He replied by scoring and celebrating 

He was then racially abused online (Fans couldn’t take it), along with non racial abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56974460

Swansea lose a game yesterday, a game he played no part in and came in for more stick from Derby fans to the point where he’s closed his account.

His goal and celebration should have been the end of it. But now this will rumble on and it’s very weird in all honesty.

3 hours ago, David said:

Yes.

He got stick from Derby fans whilst at the club on Twitter. (Fans gave it)

He replied by scoring and celebrating 

He was then racially abused online (Fans couldn’t take it), along with non racial abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56974460

Swansea lose a game yesterday, a game he played no part in and came in for more stick from Derby fans to the point where he’s closed his account.

His goal and celebration should have been the end of it. But now this will rumble on and it’s very weird in all honesty.

there will always been moronic keyboard trolls. when you call them out they hide. if they were highlighted and named by companies names put in local press banned from games made to clean local streets as punishment. i wonder how many would reoffend. what's the difference if your skin is black white yellow green blue your still human. and we sold him end of story.

1 hour ago, Ilsonram12 said:

End of the day, Rooney didn't rate him so sold him to fund our loans in Jan and one of them loans scored to help us stay up on the final day

Win win 

True, we'd have been screwed without Edmundson (who played for us when not fully fit) and Roberts. Plus Gregory's goals.

On 30/05/2021 at 11:48, rynny said:

He is a footballer, he is paid to score goals, he should be able to celebrate when he does (and is sticking his fingers in his ears really that much of a celebration?), regardless of the opposition, no one "deserves a bag full of abuse". I mean seriously, we weren't even involved in the match yesterday so what difference does it make to us? And Morgan was an unused substitute? 

It is just pathetic and people need to grow up. 

Anyone genuinely pissed off needs to grow up, and of course anyone directing genuine abuse at him is a Bamford.

But tweeting the picture back at him with a humorous comment after they lost is absolutely fine IMO.

On 29/05/2021 at 14:34, B4ev6is said:

I think what upset people when scored for swansea and the way he celebrate the goal and smug smile on his face a tad desperateful by him but the greath got over is not right eathier.

?????????????????

On 29/05/2021 at 14:53, Pearl Ram said:

Good call Josh but I tell you what, I don’t even give him a thought when I think of my favourite players from that era. I acknowledge he must have had something about him because of the amount of times Clough signed him I just missed it, enjoyed watching others more than watching him.?‍♂️

He man marked great players till they were totally ineffective, Alan Ball included.  Scored a few goals too, a big part of a great team.

On 30/05/2021 at 07:46, Rammy03 said:

I think the fans are quite fair. All we ask is for the players to give it their all. The reason Knight and Sibley got the love is because they did that. They got stuck in and backed it up with goals.

We didn't see any of this from Whittaker. He never really looked like he was giving it everything. And he was given chance after chance to show something but in my opinion he didn't. So it's understandable that the fans get frustrated.

He then goes to Swansea, scores a fluke goal against us and proceeds to stick his fingers in his ears and use that very image as his Twitter profile. He's now deleted his Twitter after getting stick from Derby fans.

It's all fun and games at the end of the day. If you're going to give it, you've got to take it. 

Got stuck in and backed It up with goals...? Behave yourself. 

On 29/05/2021 at 20:33, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Kenny Burns is playing up for effect. I have spoken to him in the past (1990’s) in Derby where he was living at the time and he was a funny guy... Pretty sure he’s going for the pantomime villain approach.

I might add, not particularly disparaging about the rams.

I totally agree on the few occasions I,ve met him I found him really good company very funny with a dry sarcastic sense of humour .And when he played for the RAMS he gave 100% every time think Arthur Cox was glad to have in the side.

14 hours ago, MickD said:

He man marked great players till they were totally ineffective, Alan Ball included.  Scored a few goals too, a big part of a great team.

I don’t dispute he had his uses, Cloughie wouldn’t have bought him three times if he was run of the mill. But don’t forget in 1972 I was 13 and my eye was on our more exciting players. A comparison I may draw is John Eustace. 

I always liked him and thought he got a fair bit of stick from some quarters but being older I saw what he was bringing to the team as a bit of an unsung hero, a water carrier if you like, a guy that has to do the stuff to allow more cultured players to do their bit. 

Both important cogs in the team but not really headline grabbers. 

On 31/05/2021 at 14:28, ossieram said:

Once a Ram, Always a Ram should only ever apply to fans. Any player, coach, manager worth their salt should always give their all for whoever is paying the wages. People like Sibley will always be fans  but don't expect him not to try and score if he ever plays against us. 

Try telling Mick Harford that ?