Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

I think we're 3 signings away from where we want to be, as shown below:

image.png.8c91bae69b41f0e83f14b800f582a489.png

CB, CF and a winger missing
Jagielka obviously fills the CB slot
Aluko would have been the winger, but as he's gone/going to Ipswich we'll be looking elsewhere (Grosicki?).
We were obviously after Baldock for the CF spot, but I hope we can get someone better in on loan - someone who is easily a starter, rather than competition for Kazim and Stretton. We can only dream of that player being Delap.
With Knight out for 2.5 months and Bielik until Christmas, short term cover (Carroll/Garner) would be ideal but not essential.

Those signings would leave Cashin as the only unproven 2nd choice player (but 4th choice CB)... I'd be more than happy with that.
That squad looks pretty decent to me - certainly midtable.

To put another perspective on things, we were potentially 6 players away from our 'first 11' vs Huddersfield.

18 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Sounds to me like we could be in the poo if there’s no takeover before the season ends as he won’t commit to funding the season by looks of it 

Difficult to commit to something if the EFL won't confirm what you P&S position is as they won't sign off the books based on the new accounting method? How much does he need to/can he commit to? Difficult to put open-ended guarantee in place unless you have a vague idea on what the EFL are going to do/say about the accounts I would imagine 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

This + Wisdom really makes the signing of Allsop even more baffling.

Alan Nixon has suggested we have to have 3 GK's as part of the 23.

If the 23 is actually 3 GK's + 20 outfield players, the signing of Allsop is not as baffling as first thought.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Alan Nixon has suggested we have to have 3 GK's as part of the 23.

If the 23 is actually 3 GK's + 20 outfield players, the signing of Allsop is not as baffling as first thought.

I saw him say this but tried to find the rules, and couldn’t find anything to that end. Even so, last season we had the u23s keeper as third choice. Presumably they’re not playing without a keeper this year and the same could have been done.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would imagine none of Jagielka, Baldock or Carroll would want to sign under £4500-a-week. The three we signed have, to our knowledge. 

I get that this is a possibility but surely there would be other free agents willing to. Even if they aren’t as good, it is a numbers game to some degree. 2 30-odd-year-old CBs until at least Bielik is back is concerning (although this isn’t news to any of us).