Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

41 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Can he??  Seem to remember him having a shocker at Wycombe i think it was playing RB.

For his professional debut i dont think he had that bad a game considering the physicality he was up against.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

For his professional debut i dont think he had that bad a game considering the physicality he was up against.

*Full debut.
He had already made his professional debut for Man Utd in the Europa League. He had also played against Salford's and Accrington's first teams whilst playing LB and RB respectively plus 4 other games at CB(albeit with MU U23s),

On 08/07/2021 at 11:11, Coconut said:

If we were looking at players of the standard of Chiellini & Bonucci you might have a point!  If we were looking at lesser players who've grown older but have still managed 30/40 full games over the course of the past few seasons, sure.

Jagielka has only played 1,635 minutes (18 full games) over the course of 3 seasons. Stearman was never particularly good and Huddersfield fans think he's past it and Davies is coming off the back of his second serious Achilles injury with us.

Their age isn't the issue.

And you might have a point if I'd mentioned either player. I only referenced Curtis though. It was just a general observation on age not being such a barrier these days, not a vote for Jagielka or Stearman.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I presume he'll be at Utd because we can't sign him yet.

V excited if Menghi returns   For someone so young he’s strong, very fast and great on the ball. His positional sense was erratic on occasion but not helped by him playing in at least 3 positions. He’ll be a more mature footballer this season. But if he is the only loanee Rooney can spring from ManU, that’s disappointing 

So, say for instance we sign the players who are currently training with us plus Davies & Wisdom on new deals. As well as Mengi which is pretty much a done deal.

Youth players in brackets & italics, players 2nd position in bold as cover.

GK: Marshall, Roos, Allsop
RB: Byrne, Wisdom (Ebosele/McDonald)
CB: Mengi, Davies, Jagielka, Stearman, Wisdom (Solomon/Cashin/J. Brown)
LB: Buchanan, Forsyth, Shinnie
CM: Shinnie, Bird, Knight, Bielik (Watson/J. Brown)
AM: Morrison, Sibley, Lawrence (Watson/Hutchinson)
W: Lawrence, Jozwiak, Aluko, Knight, Sibley (Wilson/Ebosele)
ST: Kazim, Baldock, Aluko(Stretton/Duncan)

Would the above squad keep us up next season? I personally think it would, if we got lucky with injuries.

Edited by DCFC1388

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So, say for instance we sign the players who are currently training with us plus Davies & Wisdom on new deals. As well as Mengi which is pretty much a done deal.

Would the above squad keep us up next season? I personally think it would, if we got lucky with injuries.

No it won’t keep us up, lack of goals again. But beggars can’t be choosers and we’re certainly in the begging category looking at the bunch training with us. 

By my reckoning we have all of the realistic potential Wasserman Free Agents in on trials at the minute.

Aluko, Steerman, Allsop, Baldock all Wasserman.

Only Wilshere and Andre Ayew, plus possibly David Davis that would potentially link. Ayew was on 80k at Swansea and Wilshere will be in  it money wherever he ends up. Davis did OK at Brum then looks to have has a year at Shrewsbury so not sure what's happening there.

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I mean, it doesn't look terrible.

Could do with another striker or, failing that, a big year from Stretton, but I've definitely seen worse squads stay up.

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No it won’t keep us up, lack of goals again. But beggars can’t be choosers and we’re certainly in the begging category looking at the bunch training with us. 

Lack of goals based off last season but you would like to think a full season out of Lawrence & CKR for example would mean more goals. Then you would hope the likes of Jozwiak, Aluko, Baldock & Sibley maybe get 3+ each the others to chip in especially defenders where as you can see below they only got 2 between them last year.

The average goals scored for teams 13-21st last season is just under 47, so we were 9 under. That average was also inflated a lot by Blackburn's goals from Armstrong.

Below is what we had last season (players in bold still here) - 

CKR - 8

Waghorn - 5

Lawrence, Shinnie, Gregory - 3

Bielik, Knight - 2

Sibley, Jozwiak, Wisdom, Edmundson, Marriott, Roberts, Holmes, Rooney  - 1

So from last season we have lost 13 of our 36 goals.

23 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lack of goals based off last season but you would like to think a full season out of Lawrence & CKR for example would mean more goals. Then you would hope the likes of Jozwiak, Aluko, Baldock & Sibley maybe get 3+ each the others to chip in especially defenders where as you can see below they only got 2 between them last year.

The average goals scored for teams 13-21st last season is just under 47, so we were 9 under. That average was also inflated a lot by Blackburn's goals from Armstrong.

Below is what we had last season (players in bold still here) - 

CKR - 8

Waghorn - 5

Lawrence, Shinnie, Gregory - 3

Bielik, Knight - 2

Sibley, Jozwiak, Wisdom, Edmundson, Marriott, Roberts, Holmes, Rooney  - 1

So from last season we have lost 13 of our 36 goals.

Let’s hope so, However I don’t see Joz bagging many from what we have seen and CKR can he do it for a full season? Not sure 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

It would be touch and go I think. Defensively, I don't really love that team at centre back. Clarke was a very good player at this level and replacing him will not be easy. I don't know just how important he was or how many goals he stopped by being there though but with Bielik we've seen the potential influence of one very good player. 

Mengi would likely have to step up in that role and be the consistent player on the team sheet rotating the others but davies and jagielka can't have many games left in the tank (maybe good for 10 a piece this year and that could be considered optimistic) and stearman was a centre back for a team that conceded the most goals in the entire division last season. My gut is that it would need to be a wisdom- mengi partnership for the majority which doesn't really fill me with a ton of confidence. 

going forward adding Baldock and Aluko might give us something a bit more so that might be positive but we likely will need to score at least 10 goals more than last season to pick up around 50 points so with those who have gone that probably means we need to pick up around 20 goals off the top of my head with new signings etc. I'm not sure Baldock and Aluko will get us there on their own, maybe the others will chip in a bit more though. 

On 10/07/2021 at 00:07, kevinhectoring said:

V excited if Menghi returns   For someone so young he’s strong, very fast and great on the ball. His positional sense was erratic on occasion but not helped by him playing in at least 3 positions. He’ll be a more mature footballer this season. But if he is the only loanee Rooney can spring from ManU, that’s disappointing 

I get very very excited when I see a goalscorer being signed as a centre forward !

I think the last one was Dean Saunders although Dean Sturridge was a lot better than some gave him credit for even though he came through the ranks