Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

15 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

We had to ... need 3 keepers in the 23

Wasn’t Idem the 3rd keeper last year? Who wouldn’t of counted as a professional player I believe. Surely a similar set up this year would’ve allowed us to bring in another outfielder?

22 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I saw him say this but tried to find the rules, and couldn’t find anything to that end. Even so, last season we had the u23s keeper as third choice. Presumably they’re not playing without a keeper this year and the same could have been done.

We don't even have an U23 keeper this season ?
3 in the U18s - Roberts is the one at the top of the pecking order

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Wasn’t Idem the 3rd keeper last year? Who wouldn’t of counted as a professional player I believe. Surely a similar set up this year would’ve allowed us to bring in another outfielder?

If I'm interpreting what Nixon said correctly...

The 23 players of professional standing actually means we can only have 20 outfield players, whether we have 1, 2 or 3 GK's makes no difference once we have 20 outfield players.

So we could either use the 23rd slot on Allsop or another GK, but not on Jagielka or any of the others.

If we want any more in (as things stand) then we'll  need to move out an outfield player.

If Marshall goes then that would only free up a slot for another GK.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

If I'm interpreting what Nixon said correctly...

The 23 players of professional standing actually means we can only have 20 outfield players, whether we have 1, 2 or 3 GK's makes no difference once we have 20 outfield players.

So we could either use the 23rd slot on Allsop or another GK, but not on Jagielka or any of the others.

If we want any more in (as things stand) then we'll  need to move out an outfield player.

If Marshall goes then that would only free up a slot for another GK.

That makes more sense, cheers for clarifying. Assume it'll be one of the young lads who moves on if we are to make another signing then. 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

That makes more sense, cheers for clarifying. Assume it'll be one of the young lads who moves on if we are to make another signing then. 

I think the fact that Jordan Brown is one of the 23 but hasn't been given a squad number gives us a clue as to the first one that we'll be looking to move on.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

13:46 STEVE NICHOLSON

Free agents

Jagielka, Baldock and Carroll are not training with Derby at the minute, they are waiting.

Surprised by this. Even if they're waiting for something that doesn't happen and go elsewhere, wouldn't continuing to train and keep your fitness up when they haven't played competitively for months be the most logical thing?

Having time off, only to sign for us, or someone else is just going to take a little more time before they're match ready.

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Manchester United are willing to let 19-year Ivory Coast forward Amad Diallo leave on loan this summer. (Manchester Evening News)

From BBC Gossip Page.

Any good? Anyone know?

Think he played against us in the friendly a few weeks back. Looked a bit raw but fast from memory. I'd suspect he's above our current and near future pay grade. Would be a good addition though

15 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Manchester United are willing to let 19-year Ivory Coast forward Amad Diallo leave on loan this summer. (Manchester Evening News)

From BBC Gossip Page.

Any good? Anyone know?

Armadillo? 

I'll reckon he could sniff out a few opportunities and be tough to knock off the ball. 

He's got the tough skin you need to survive our crowd anorl. 

I'm in! ?

On 13/08/2021 at 11:11, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

From BBC Gossip Page.

Any good? Anyone know?

Think they signed him from an Italian side for a fairly large sum. He would likely be very good at this level, if given the game time to settle. Not likely to been in with a chance is getting him, even if these restrictions are eased/lifted

5 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Think they signed him from an Italian side for a fairly large sum. He would likely be very good at this level, if given the game time to settle. Not likely to been in with a chance is getting him, even if these restrictions are eased/lifted

Think they paid 40mill for him. Havent looked though.

2 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Just wondering if we have another player on trial!?!

Player cropped out on the extreme right of this pic is clearly wearing 32. Not aware of any of the squad having that number. 

May be nothing but could also be something.

Screenshot_20210817-221310_Chrome.jpg

A player wore 32 against Salford. Was it Archie Brown?