Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

A player wore 32 against Salford. Was it Archie Brown? 

Unlikely. He plays for Lausanne in Switzerland now.  

Oh, I see you have found him - Jordan Brown, well done.

Edited by angieram
Add a thank you.

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Sorry my knowledge of the youngsters isn’t what it should be. I was sure Jordan went and Archie stayed. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

No problem. It was a good question. I would have brought Brown on for Morrison on Saturday. Three points more in the bag if we had done that. 

Cloughy knew a thing or two! ??

On 16/08/2021 at 11:28, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby County are hoping they can bring two or three players in this week after the club made an application to the EFL following Colin Kazim-Richards' injury, DerbyshireLive understands..."

If we can bring in three players, who would we want our third player to be? 

12 minutes ago, dabber said:

If he really wants to bring in 8 more that would be 13 new faces! Can't have much faith in the incumbents if that is his "honest" appraisal!!

Or he'd like a full strength squad with competition for places. These are 'the 23' before Jags and Baldock:

Goalkeepers
Roos
Allsop
Marshall

Defenders
Davies
Stearman
JBrown
Byrne
Ebosele
McDonald
Buchanan
Forsyth

Midfielders
Bielik
Shinnie
Bird
Knight
Sibley
Ravel
Watson
Hutchinson

Forwards
Kazim
Lawrence
Jozwiak
Stretton

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he'd like a full strength squad with competition for places. These are 'the 23' before Jags and Baldock:

Goalkeepers
Roos
Allsop
Marshall

Defenders
Davies
Stearman
JBrown
Byrne
Ebosele
McDonald
Buchanan
Forsyth

Midfielders
Bielik
Shinnie
Bird
Knight
Sibley
Ravel
Watson
Hutchinson

Forwards
Kazim
Lawrence
Jozwiak
Stretton

So is 33 (23 + J + B + 8 ) players a typical squad size in the Championship?

Edited by dabber
Trying to change weird face to the number "8"!

44 minutes ago, dabber said:

If he really wants to bring in 8 more that would be 13 new faces! Can't have much faith in the incumbents if that is his "honest" appraisal!!

I read that as a somewhat arbitrary number in a comment he'd made flippantly as opposed to a precise assessment.

But.... if money became a lot more free and signing a bunch of players presented no issue (i.e. squad harmony) you could probably count to 8 pretty easily if you start replacing some of the "make do" signings we've made.

If we got to a position to add 8 players that would bring us to 33 as previously mentioned.

However, you would then think the likes of McDonald, Brown, Hutchinson & Stretton would likely be available for loans.

So would be more like 4 additions plus 4 'upgrades'

So a squad of 29, may sound big, but you always have a 3rd keeper in there, a matchday 18 so 10 outfield players not in it but that is to account for injuries/suspensions & youth players. Like now we have 5 players out injured.

The 8 players comment really annoyed me. All that does is pushes the youngsters down the pecking order. Is he saying that Hutchinson, Watson, Sibley, festy, Kornell even bird and Buchanan aren’t good enough? As a fan and Simone who wants the youngsters to thrive and have opportunities I’m sorry, I simply don’t want eight new signings.

Just my view.

2 minutes ago, Malty said:

The 8 players comment really annoyed me. All that does is pushes the youngsters down the pecking order. Is he saying that Hutchinson, Watson, Sibley, festy, Kornell even bird and Buchanan aren’t good enough? As a fan and Simone who wants the youngsters to thrive and have opportunities I’m sorry, I simply don’t want eight new signings.

Just my view.

Or is he just suggesting that they aren't yet ready to play a whole season and carry the team? What with them being inexperienced youngsters?! 

Edited by RoyMac5

20 minutes ago, Malty said:

Just my view.

With you all the way.

Our transfer record hasn’t been overly impressive either at times, though I will say the free agents Rooney has bought in are a decent benchmark for his transfer business. My main issue is the effect such comment might have on those younger players, unless it’s done as added motivation of course; some might see it as a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I’d like to think at least 3 or 4 of those would be good enough to nail down a place in a decent championship team with the right coaching to bring them on.

1 hour ago, Malty said:

The 8 players comment really annoyed me. All that does is pushes the youngsters down the pecking order.  As a fan and Simone who wants the youngsters to thrive and have opportunities I’m sorry, I simply don’t want eight new signings.

Just my view.

I agree with you. I think we have enough on the books now. Maybe one more centre forward. 

Anyway, whose Simone? ?‍♂️

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or is he just suggesting that they aren't yet ready to play a whole season and carry the team? What with them being inexperienced youngsters?! 

Actually I suspect it’s Wayne suggesting he has plans should investment come in. He’s probably thinking of new owners come in perhaps they will try and bring their own person in. It’s political. 

I still don’t like it though.

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

Actually I suspect it’s Wayne suggesting he has plans should investment come in. He’s probably thinking of new owners come in perhaps they will try and bring their own person in. It’s political. 

I still don’t like it though.

If someone took over Man United even more willing to splash the cash than the Glazers, then I suppose Ole would happily buy plenty more players. Its nearly always the case you could upgrade your players. 

Decent interview by Wayne, but that bit seemed curiously really out of synch with the tone of the rest of it. Him saying 'another few signings' would have been fine, 8 seemed excessive and pretty unreasonable, sent a negative message to the current squad that he had totally avoided otherwise (I listened twice as I thought I had misheard tbh).

Read Jack Wilshere’s interview with David Ornstein. A lot of it was fairly obvious comments made to look like big scoops - of course he regrets leaving Arsenal! But the interesting revelation is that no club is interested in him.

If he bought his (presumed) high wage demands down and proved he is injury free, would you want Jack to come and play here?

Rooney was looking at Carroll and wanted to sign him, before he went to Ipswich. If Wayne wants a neat and tidy midfielder who can keep possession, Jack has proven himself to be much more talented than Tom C. He also had the ability to break forward and be a creative spark a couple of seasons ago. I would like to think he would add something to our squad.